Patio talk

The next day approached, and you knew the exact person to tell this to.

You knew deep down your father doesn't want anything to do with this anymore, but you had to at least try.

"There it is. Home." You pulled up to a little cabin.

"This is home?" Steve questioned, pulling up in a black Audi only a few meters away.

"Yup." You sighed. As the car came to a complete stop, you were the first person to get out, followed by Steve. You closed the door and stood there, hands shaking.

"I haven't been here in a long time. What if he doesn't want to see me?" You question Steve, turning back to head to the car.

Steve's arms grab you and stopped you, "You are his daughter, of course he would want to see you." Steve places his hand on your shoulder. Steve shifts you towards the stairs.

Before you could step on the wooden steps, you heard the door creak open. You glanced up, revealing a well rested Stark. You took a deep breath. You shot him a faint smile, wanting to say something, anything but he surprisingly shoots a bigger smile.

Your knees were locked. Steve pushes you up closer to Stark. You walked up the stairs and you were inches away from your father. You stood there, hands and body was shaking.

"Dad, I'm-" Your voice cracked, glancing down at the floor. Immediately, Stark grabbed your hands and pulled you into his embrace for a warm, welcomed hug. You squeezed him tighter, arms wrapped underneath his arms. A tear sheds down your cheek.

You four settled on the patio, discussing the topic at hand.

Scott stuttered, "No, we know what it sounds like."

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve questioned.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Stark turns to everyone as he hands Steve a drink.

Scott, Steve and you shoot each other a puzzled look.

"Thank you."

"In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Stark dumbed it down for everyone.

"I did." Scott reminded Stark.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?" Stark snapped his fingers, trying to remember the term.

"A time heist?" Scott's tone of voice raised.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" Stark shook his head. You knew Stark wasn't going to enhance the plan.

"The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them." Scott told Stark in a informative way.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back." You glanced around the circle, ending with your father.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Stark raised an eyebrow at you.

"I don't believe we would." You scoffed, shaking your head at him.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism." Stark turned to you, "However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise." He explained more in depth.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-" Scott spoke but was interrupted by Stark.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?" Stark glanced at Scott in an 'are you serious' look.

In an embarrassed tone, Scotts voice went low, "No."

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works." Stark shrugged.

"Dad-" You narrowed his eyes at him to watch his tone. "Dad... We have to take a stand."

"We did stand. And yet, here we are." Stark reminded everyone, glancing around his environment.

"I can't believe you." You scoffed, "What happened to you, huh? You taught me to never give up on your fight. Well, I want justice and I wanted, no I'm sorry needed you by my side. And what were you doing? Feeling sorry for yourself and didn't take any action." You shot at Stark.

"Now, you watch your tone with me, young lady." Stark pointed at you, warning on what to say next. That didn't stop you at all.

"What are you going to do? Kick me out? It's not like you wanted me around anymore. To you, I just slow people down. I slow you down. I bet me not being home for those last years made you the happiest you've ever been." You shook your head in disbelief.

"Maybe it did!" Stark yelled to you.

You took a deep breath, "Let me know when we're leaving." You turned to Steve, trying to keep the tears in. You shot a desperate glance over to your father, "I'm going to fight this. With or without you. I'd rather have it be with you. We need you. Hell, I need you." You rushed down the stairs and headed back into the Audi, waiting for Steve and Scott.

You opened the door to the Audi and slammed it shut. You glanced over, revealing Scott and Steve finalizing their goodbye to Tony.

You caught Starks eye and immediately turned forward to look at the back of the seat.

Scott and Steve got closer to the Audi and Steve was the first to hop in. You caught him staring at you through the mirror.

"Please, drive." You demanded, "If he doesn't want to help, that's his problem." You told Steve in a stubborn tone. Steve and Scott shared an uneasy stare.

"I'm not leaving you and him like this. What if you don't come back from this?" Scott shot back to you, turning his body fully towards you. "You know that Stark will never be able to forgive himself for having you walk away." Steve added, knowing he was right.

You sighed out, "I'll give him time. I'll come back tomorrow." You assured Scott.

"I'll drive you." Steve started the car and headed back to the compound.