Chapter Eleven

Consider this chapter a apology for not updating this book for so goddamn long. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm giving up on books, it's just that my brain only lets me create the things I wish to create and sometimes continuously updating a single book isn't one of them- even though it's happened so many times before.

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, I've been coming up with a lot of book ideas (As you can tell from my artbook) and I haven't had the chance to update anything else 😅💦, anyway, love you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Peace ♥️✌🏻
||••••||
Third Person Pov:

Edd fights Matt and Paul to stop them from holding him back to run to Tom, he continuously calls out, "Tom! Tom!! This isn't you! You have to fight it!!" as tears flood down his cheeks.

Paul roughly pulls Edd in front of him and slaps him hard across the face, he screams, "He's gone Edd!! Can't you get that through your thick skull?!" Edd goes silent as he looks at Paul in a daze, he starts to realize how much he's screwed up for him.. yet Paul is still at his side and trying to be the replacement for the kind and loyal Tom that is now gone, why is Paul still here even though his cover is blown?

"Please Edd.." Matt says and Edd looks to his crying face. "We have to get out of here before Tom devours us in his flames too." Edd looks down, he now realizes that there's no way to reverse time like he's been trying to do for far too long now... After a few silent moments, Edd slowly nods and they all run off to try to save themselves from the beast inside of Tom.. or maybe it's the beast around his shoulders.

Flames fume the burning forest the Rebellion once inhabited, with Tom standing upon a large cliff and watching it burn with maniacal laughter escaping his mouth. Scale, who has now somehow turned into a white lipped python, rests across his shoulders and looks as though he's whispering sweet nothings into Tom's ear. Scale may look astonishing with his scales shimmering beautifully in the light of the fire, but darkness lies within that snake.. and it's infected Tom with it's power.

||•24 Hours Earlier•||

Tom slowly follows Tord down the hall with copious amounts of town mayors and servants chasing after the king and making him royally pissed off. Tord is just trying to get away from the many people, but he knows it would cause a newspaper heading if he were to run away from them.

Tom on the other hand is walking far behind since he's paying a lot of attention to Scale, who has now grown exceptionally large from the unconditional love and good feeding schedule Tom has given him. Tom can hear Scale talking to him in little kind whispers that he was told only to listen and not reply to by the snake himself, Scale is hinting at something that Tom is slowly catching on to since the snake is saying it in little riddles and Tom is incredibly clever.

Tom follows Tord into a room and Tord slams the door on the obnoxious men and women, locking it with a sigh of relief. Tom sits down on a sofa chair and lets Scale down on the floor to slither around, Tord huffs of annoyance as he says, "Tom could you please not let the snake on to my carpeted floor?"

"He has a name you know," Tom says and rolls his eyes as he leans his cheek on to his palm, Tord exhales a deep breath and plops down on to the couch next to Tom's chair.

"Yes I know Tom.." Tord says and leans down against his knees, looking to the floor with a sad look on his face. Tom looks to him and frowns, he knows that the fame he always wanted is finally getting to him and the sadness of his father's passing just doesn't seem to ever go away.

Tom doesn't think as he stands up and pushes Tord back on the couch, Tord looks at him in surprise as the male closely straddles his lap while looking deep into the king's eyes. Tom holds one hand on Tord's shoulder and the other against the wall, he looks down at the Norwegian with a soft smile as he applies pressure to the other's crouch with his own.