35. dance me to death

Start from the beginning

His jaw dropped slightly, and you giggled.

You exited the bathroom, leaving Spencer leaning against the sink counter, fairly flustered.

Spencer "You're such a tease, y/n."

"I know." You picked up your clutch, and placed the hotel rooms' key card into one of the pockets.

You shifted your weight in your high heels, and popped out your hip. "Are you ready? A limo is picking us up."

Spencer squinted his eyes in confusion and grabbed his phone, sliding it in his jacket pocket. "Limo?"

Yes. A limo. What is he? Hard of hearing?

"Come on, Spence. The driver's going to be here soon." You opened the door into the hallway and stepped out, letting the door fall against your hip.

"Okay, okay.. I'm done. Let's go." Spencer pressed a kiss onto your forehead as he passed you on his way out of the room, making you blush a little.

You and Spencer met the rest of the team in the lobby of the hotel, and shared just a little bit about what happened during everyone's day off.

The sleek black limo rolled up to the curb, and a posh man exited the drivers seat to open the doors for you and the team.

"How did we get a limo?.. Just wondering, y/n." Penelope straightened out her dress as she sat down, examining the intricate fancy details on the leather of the limo seats.

"My friends wanted to welcome us to Beverly Hills the right way."

One twelve minute drive later brought you all to an elegant mansion on a hill, lit up with orange and pale white lights. The limo drove up the winding driveway, and stopped right by the large glass front doors.

You put on your mask that tastefully matched your dress and shoes, and stepped out of the limo, lifting your hair out from under the mask's ribbon. Many of your team members followed suit, placing their mask on right as they gathered on the sidewalk. 

Derek and Penelope went inside together, and then Emily, JJ, and Rossi went in shortly after. Hotch didn't come with you guys tonight.

He claimed he had 'work to do'.

Yeah, okay Aaron. What a wet blanket.

"So, where to first?" You intertwined your fingers with Spencer as you both entered the beautiful mansion, the amorous lighting making his face glow softly against the shadows behind him.

The entrance of the home was nothing short of magnificent. The ceilings were tall and had a regal historical feel to it. A sort of palace-looking home, you concluded.

"How about we get some drinks?" He suggested, engrossed in the architecture of the home. It was the oldest home in the neighborhood, and you preferred it over many of the modern places you saw on your way here.

In a different life, you knew you were some rich house wife that lived in a house like this.

"Perfect. I think the bar is over there." You led Spencer through the crowd of masked strangers, making your way across the glossy foyer, and past the extravagant two-sided staircase.

Spencer approached the bar and ordered your drinks.

You lingered behind him, and turned around to admire all of the people dancing in the center of the room. There were hundreds of beautiful gowns flooding your view, you couldn't pick just one to look at. Spencer held a hand out by your side, presenting your drink to you.

"Ooh, thank you." You giggled as his other hand met the small of your back, guiding you away from the bar. Spencer brought you to a small seating area, which was fairly dim in comparison to the dancing space.