CHAPTER 14: The Possibility

"Breath of Light. Second Form, Reflecting Arc."

Ayume swings her swords to counter Douma's attacks. Her arms were bleeding from the ice shards.

"What a waste..." Douma said as his attacks still pressed on. Ayume noticed that it won't stop so she had to jump away swiftly.

"Hey, you're getting tired aren't ya?" Douma smiled sadistically as he looks at Ayume on a tree branch. She had to concentrate on her breathing. Her legs got caught in the attacks as she jumped away.

"It's alright...you still can fight." she told herself as she gripped her sword tightly.

"Breath of Light. Third Form, Shine Slash." Ayume got off the tree branch and starts attacking Douma.

Douma was caught by surprise and swinged his fan to fight back. Ayume managed to cut his hand off but it regenerated quite quickly. She missed his head a few times.

"Breath of Light. Fourth Form, Luminous Movement." Ayume changed her forms but it was sloppier due to her injured legs.

"Hey...that's a nice hair pin..." Douma swiftly took it before pushing Ayume away in surprise. Ayume's hair was released up till her chest. Her back hits another tree at such great impact. This made her lower ribs fracture a little.

Douma had the hair pin in his fingers. "Where'd you get it from?" he asked. Ayume took a few breaths before answering.

"My mother gave it..."

"I see. So it'll be a shame if I break it, right?" Douma lets out an evil smirk. Ayume's heart stopped at the remark. She couldn't move. Not an inch.

"How weird...she's not gonna get up to stop me." Douma pointed out mentally. "Her mental strength is definitely weak. Pathetic."

...

"It wouldn't break in your care...don't be so negative."

That is literally what is left of my mother...but why am I not moving?

"Ayume...are you scared?"

"What if it bites me?"

"It won't...mama will make sure it doesn't bite you."

What is this...

"Are you still scared?"

Douma gripped the hair pin instead of it breaking, it sliced through Douma's palm. "What the-- It burns..." he was confused.

"Ah...the hair pin has the same metal as her sword. Interesting..." his hand grew back. Ayume's body starts to move on its own.

"Breath of Light. Fifth Form, Blinding Bite." Ayume starts attacking in every direction making Douma off his stance.

Fear...

Bravery...

Satisfaction...

Confidence...

Cowardice...

Anxiety...

Are these reasons to stop fighting?
Are these reasons to continue fighting?

"Ayume...are you still scared?"

Douma gets on defensive as he swings his fan in every direction. "Blood Demon Art. Cold White Princesses." Two female ice figures starts to blow cold wind to stop Ayume from breathing.