CHAPTER 10: Pillar Meeting

"Kamado Tanjiro has my support." Ayume said with a calm smile.

"That is true. Kamado Nezuko has never eaten a human for two years. This is a fact. For Nezuko, three people have gambled their lives. If you want to completely deny these things, the opposing party must also offer to pay a bigger price. Does anyone plan to do so?" Oyakata-sama voiced out.

Ayume looked at the other pillars with curiosity written on her face.

"In addition, there is something I would like to tell my fellow swordsmen..."

Ayume faced Oyakata-sama as soon as she heard his words. She waited patiently for what he has to say.

"Tanjiro has met Kibutsuji."

Everyone adopted shocked expressions. Ayume tries to remain composed but she was also startled at the news.

"How's that possible?! Even the Pillars have never met Kibutsuji!" Uzui exclaimed in shock.

"This brat? How does Kibutsuji look like?! How strong is he?! Where did you meet him?!" Uzui showered Tanjiro with questions.

"Did you fight him?" Muichiro asked with a hint of seriousness.

"What did Kibutsuji do? Did you find his lair? Answer me!" Sanemi shakes Tanjiro's head violently.

"Shut up! I asked him first! Tell me about Kibutsuji's powers!" Uzui demanded for answers.

Ayume wanted to calm them down with the questions but she was curious as well. Oyakata-sama placed his finger on his lips which made everyone silent.

"Kibutsuji has sent his subordinates to kill Tanjiro. Maybe the reason is to silence him. But this is the first time Kibutsuji has given himself away. I really don't want to let that go. I'm afraid what happened to Nezuko is beyond Kibutsuji's expectations." Oyakata-sama explained. Tanjiro remained in a daze.

"Do you guys understand?" he questioned. There was a short silence.

"I do not understand, Oyakata-sama. If she's a human, she can live. If she's a demon, no way. Think about the mentality we have while fighting as demon slayers. The number of sacrifices we made. I really can't accept it." Sanemi aggressively opposed. Ayume faced him with her smile wiped out of her face. She had a sad expression.

"He feels really strongly about this...until there is strong evidence, he won't stop opposing..." Ayume thought as she shift her eyes to Tanjiro.

"My apolgies, Kamado Tanjiro." She mentally told him.

Sanemi took out his sword and sliced his arm. It caught Ayume off guard and she was shocked at his actions.

"What--" Ayume's eyes widened.
"Eh? Ehhhh?! What are you doing? What are you doing? Your blood is going to stain the ground." Mitsuri exclaimed in her thoughts as Sanemi's blood drips to the ground.

"Oyakata-sama. I'll prove to you how ugly a demon is." Sanemi places his hands, hovering over the box. His blood drips into the holes.

"Hey demon. It's time for your meal. Come out and eat me." He provoked. Tanjiro starts to squirm around to get to the box. Sanemi's blood drips into the box, hitting Nezuko's hand. Nezuko starts to scartch the insides of the box, trying to control herself.

"Don't force yourself. Just show your true nature. I'll give you a quick death with my sword right here." Sanemi continued his provokations.

"Wait--" Ayume wanted to step in but she was stopped by Shinobu. "Don't." Shinobu held her hand out to halt Ayume. Ayume had a sad frown as she looks at the torturous scene.