I looked up, to see TJ, Becca, Jon, and Jenny all staring at me, curiosity in their eyes, as well as an emotion I wasn't familiar with.

"What?" I said, turning my gaze to each of them, one by one.

"Who are you texting, there?" Becca asked, raising her eyebrows

"Someone" I said, shrugging, but I had a queazy feeling in the pit if my stomach.

"Mmhmmm..." Jenny said, a smug look on her face.

Jon was about to say something, but the bell rang.

RRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG

(A/N: what a lovely bell that is!)

Talk about saved by the bell.

I have never been so happy to go to class!

I got up, and zoomed out of the lunch room.

Dawn's POV

"Dawn!" Father screamed from the kitchen

Why the hell are you screaming! I'm in the living room! Not Japan!

"Yes sir?" I asked, putting the bleach down before walking into the kitchen.

"Make me lunch" he commanded, taking a swing if vodka.

Dude, how do you not have alcohol poisoning yet!?

"Yes sir... What would you like?" I said, looking for something in the fridge.

He didn't answer, just walked out of the kitchen, and into the living room.

I rolled my eyes, and walked to the, almost empty, pantry.

I'll need to go grocery shopping later.

I grabbed a can of ravioli, and opened it with the can opener. I pored it into a bowl, and put it in the microwave, for 1 minute.

When the microwave beeped, I got the bowl, put a fork in it, and took it to father.

"Sir, we need to go grocery shopping." I said, handing him the bowl.

"No. You need to go grocery shopping." He said, poring vodka into the ravioli, and taking a bite.

Ew.

"Yes sir" I said, trying to hold back my disgusted face.

He looked up at me from his chair.

"You'll go at 6" he said, his dirty face showing disgust, and his blood shot eyes showing hatred.

"Yes sir" I said.

"You are dismissed. I don't feel like giving you a beating right now. So you'll get an extra longer one later." He said, turing back to the tv, and eating his vodka ravioli.

Again, ew.

I nodded and went into my room.

"Are you done with your homework?" I asked Jesse.

"No. I'm stuck" he said with frustration.

"Need help?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, and scooted over on the bed.

I sat down next to him, and told him the steps to solve the math equation.

His teacher could help him if we went to school today. But, because of my dad yesterday, we couldn't go due to the horrible conditions we're both in.