82: Vampires! ZOINKS!

Greg's eyes widened as he sighed and laid his face in his open palm. Izleena looked up from the console, fearing the worst.

"How bad is it?" she asked.

"Well the good news is that the digital virus spread as intended to every surrogate Rayth in the universe, rendering them all neutralized until the master copy wakes up." he said looking unoptimistic. "So as long as Rayth 0 stays in stasis, the other Rayths out there will stay asleep."

"The Bad news?" Izleena asked.

"She made a few more copies than I hoped. If it was me, I would have made at least 4, maybe 6 or 7 copies and planted them around the galactic spiral arm for emergencies."

"How many copies are there to collect?"

"Well, she shared your daughter's need to overpilot bodies, as well as my paranoia, but apparently ominous was even more paranoid than I am. So, given your history, I'm inclined to blame the sheer number of clones on your side of the fam-"

"Damnit Greg." she growled.

"A hundred and forty-seven clones. She made a hundred and fifty of herself, 2 are dead, and the master Rayth is right here. That's 147 additional Rayths out there lying dormant and waiting for a signal to activate. If she even wakes up for a moment, every one of those will go online and trigger isolation protocol. They will shut off the hive network and run randomizers to change their locations and each one will start killing, taking over systems, and replicating armies of them, each one capable of it's own hive system." he said turning to Izleena, now frozen in disbelief. "So we have however long it takes for her to realize she's in a simulation and break out, to go gather and contain about a hundred and fifty Rayths all across the universe...otherwise she takes over everything in existence and we all die horribly...except me of course, I just get to rot in a prison cell for eternity. Otherwise the plan worked great, how was your day?" he smiled with nervous sarcasm.

"Three French-Vanilla lattes, no whipped cream, and add as much absinth as the mug can hold." She said to the printer. "Two sugars, 3 cadmium"

"Rough day too, hu?"

"That's a load of baloney, Maloney." Izzy said as they approached the docking bay.

"Dead serious. We got this cruiser to move guests and cargo. These 3 have paid in advance and all we have to do is take them to the Traaticas system and make them feel comfortable.

"Seriously though...vampires?" Asked Lawg, catching up to them as he flipped through crew manifest papers.

"It's deep space, what about this is impossible?" Malone asked.

"It's just...vampires, really?" Izzy sighed. "I thought Vampires were just bullshit." she scoffed.

"Yea, and humans thought dragons were a myth, and then you guys showed up breathing fire and eating people." Malone scoffed.

"Fair enough." Izzy said, rolling her eyes. "But you realize we aren't just literal dragons? We're just aliens that ancient people mistook for gods and demons, we don't even look like the old cave drawings, hell now we almost look human. These aliens may have been the visitors that began the myth of vampires, but they may be nothing like what we hear as fables, so Lawg...don't be a dickweed and treat them like stereotypical vampire myths. They're just another misunderstood species that may be nothing like what you expect." she said as they strolled through the opening bay doors, and they paused to meet their guests. Before them stood 2 men and one woman, all pasty white with black hair, capes, slightly red pupils and enough frilly lace to start a French revolution.