"yeah, I had to improvise since you know, I—"

"oh? seems like weasley just wrapped himself in shitting paper for his costume. I've gotta say, quite fitting for you", malfoy grinned, with crabbe and goyle standing behind him.

ron clenched his fists, feeling the sudden urge to punch malfoy in the face. however evelyn held his hand, shaking her head.

"and what are you supposed to be?", harry asked.

"I'm the great me. I don't need some silly costume to enhance all this amazingness", malfoy laughed.

harry's face scrunched in disgust while ron fake gagged, making evelyn lightly giggle.

"you—"

"where's hermione anyways??", evelyn suddenly asked, totally ignoring malfoy's presence.

"ah she's....". harry scratched the back of his head awkwardly, adverting evelyn's gaze.

"hey! I'm talking to you—"

"she got all sensitive and ran off!", ron replied, also ignoring malfoy.

"what why? what did you do ron??"

"what?! why me?!?"

"ron might've called her boring and said that's why she doesn't have any friends...", harry admitted, making ron glare at him.

"you filthy mudbloods! I'm talking to you gu—"

"well go find her and apologize!! she must be so sad right now", evelyn pouted. "and you shouldn't have said that ron. we're her friends!"

ron just sighed. he closed his eyes shut before opening them again.

"okay fine. I guess you're right", he grumbled as he first grabbed some food before walking off to go find
hermione.

harry followed, with evelyn about to come along until she was stopped by a hand.

"may I help you?", evelyn asked, turning to see malfoy frowning.

"why're you ignoring me?"

evelyn was confused. perhaps malfoy had hit his head on the portrait of the slytherin's common room, but wasn't he the one that said that they weren't that close?

"I am?", evelyn questioned, playing dumb.

malfoy gritted his teeth. he then harshly let go and got close to evelyn.

"listen, whatever you're doing here. stop it!"

malfoy didn't exactly know what he was saying or where he was going with it, but he just winged it, like he did with almost everything else.

"but you're the one that said we weren't that close—"

"EVERYONE RETURN TO YOUR COMMON ROOMS IMMEDIATELY!!", professor mcgonagall yelled. "THERE'S A MOUNTAIN TROLL ON THE LOOSE AND WE MUST GET YOU ALL TO SAFETY!!"