Chapter 5: Conversation

Chapter 5!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

The Thunder Legion sat on a withered gray couch, silently muttering nonsense to each other. It had been a full day since their encounter with Eden, and they had learned much about her. Laxus sat across from them on a fading brown recliner, his eyes closed. Eden shuffled in, carrying a tray full of drinks. She handed Freed and Evergreen some tea and gave Bickslow and Laxus their coffee.

"So you and Laxus were childhood friends?" Freed asked, right before taking a sip from his tea.

"Yeah. We were pretty much inseparable." Eden said looking over to smirk at Laxus, who just rolled his eyes.

"How come we've never seen you before, then?" Evergreen questioned, a puzzled look on her face. At the query, Eden's face darkened a bit, before replying in a flat tone.

"I was forced to leave Magnolia by my father."

Freed, Bickslow and Evergreen were startled at the lightning mage's change of spirit. Laxus looked at her, knowing exactly what was going through her head.

"I'm sorry I asked..." Evergreen muttered apologetically.

"No, it's fine," Eden replied with a small chuckle, going back to her usual optimistic personality, "So what brings you guys to such a place?"

"We were here to investigate a strange magical force coming from this canyon. It would seem that you were the cause of such forces." Freed explained bluntly.

"Eh? I didn't realize I was causing such a problem. Sorry about that." Eden apologized, sitting down on a small chair next to Laxus' recliner. The room fell into an awkward silence, the only sounds being the clicked of cups and mugs against the wooden coffee table in the center of the room.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"How about you join Fairy Tail?" Laxus suddenly spoke, startling everyone in the room.

Eden just so happened to be drinking a glass of water at the time, which she proceeded to choke on after hearing Laxus' question. Feelings of confusion, excitement and surprise could be seen in the Thunder Legion's eyes.

"Huh?" Eden spoke, having finally dislodged her water from her windpipe.

"Join Fairy Tail." Laxus said again in a flat tone, opening his eyes to look at Eden with a strange gleam in his eyes. The dark-haired wizard looked at him with a inquiring gaze, wondering why he ask such a thing so suddenly.

"Yeah, that'd be so cool, baby!" Bickslow piped up, sticking out his tongue to show his guild emblem.

"It would be fun to have another experienced wizard in the guild, especially one that is such good friends with Laxus." Freed agreed, taking another sip of his tea.

"And it'd be nice to have another female around!" Evergreen squealed, smiling expectantly at Eden. The girl in question sat with her head in her hands, processing the request. After what seemed like an eternity of thinking, she finally opened her eyes and replied.

"Sure, might be fun." she simply answered. Evergreen gasped and went over to Eden, squeezing her tightly.

"We're going to have so much fun!" the fairy mage exclaimed, stopping her hug upon hearing choking sounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is short (again), but I've been getting ready for school and such, so expect slower/shorter updates from now on.

Have a great day!!

:))))))))