Chapter 6

Todoroki's POV:

I that night I laid in bed realizing Izuku and I had gone through very similar things as children. We both had parents who abused the other and our family never cared about who we were. I had never really knew what I wanted to do in life till then. After graduation I was going to become a cop, and not one who doesn't care. I was going to stand up for what was right and help anyone who needed it. I hadn't wanted to b a cop because my father was one but that didn't matter anymore. It was my choice who I was, not his. 

One week later on the first day back to school:

 I felt bad for Izuku who still hadn't talked to Bakugo.  Graduation was quickly approaching and we all had to buckle down for our finals. I worked hard every day to make sure I passed. Izuku and I had study dates at the cafe downtown. We would go every Tuesday and Thursday. Even when we didn't do the stuff we planned we still learned. We became smarter, not in the books but as humans with emotions. I was learning how to better help Izuku when he was having a bad day and he was learning about me and how I needed comfort but not in the same ways as him. Izuku's love languages are touch and gifts, so I made sure to get him little things every once in a while and always show him affection. Although we share the love language of touch, I also needed words of affirmation. Izuku always told me I was good enough and how I could do it. 

                 Izuku and I grew each day but this was the first time we actually had to make decisions together. I knew I wanted to stay around here once we graduated and he did too. We knew we wanted to stay together so when he suggested we get an apartment together I was ready to move in with him. Today we drove to school together and everyone looked at us like we were crazy. Maybe it was because we were back together even after what had happened but we didn't care. The day went on as normal other than the strange looks.

I had been applying to every police station within 100 miles and I wasn't sure I would ever get an answer, until today when there was a call saying that I had been accepted to start the day after graduation but training started next week. I talked with Izuku and we both agreed that I should take the job because it was only in the next town over. 

If only we would have known the commitment this would take.