Chapter 40

Chapter 40

(Seijo Yukari)

As we finished touring around the school, I got tired and decided to eat my lunch.

I noticed Kaneki-kun and realized that he was not allowed to eat human food.

"What are you gonna do for lunch?" I asked.

"Dun' know." He replied.

What if he gets hungry? What if he attacks people just to eat? Oh my gosh!

"What will happen if you're so hungry to the point of starving to death?" I asked.

"It'll be a huge chaos. I might eat all the students here." He chuckled.

"What?! That's horrible!" I said.

"Then, will you give me your flesh to stop that from happening?" He asked with a smirk.

"W-Wha?!" I exclaimed, surprised.

W-What the heck is he talking about?! But.. If that happens.. many people will affected by that..

"W-Well.. I-If it's for the best.. I think I would.." I mumbled shyly.

His eyes widened for a bit then, turned into a frown.

"There you go again, all gullible and naive. That's why you're easily tricked. If you continue to be like that, you'll be killed and eaten. Worse, by me. You should realize this, Bakayukari." He said as he glared at me.

He stood up and walked away. I know that! No need to call me stupid. But.. I was just thinking about the case if Kaneki-kun would go berserk.. Ah! Geez.. I'm starting to think that I really am an airhead. I don't know what to do anymore.

(Kaneki Ken)

I covered my face with one hand. I can't believe that I'm getting all red and flushed by what Yukari offered. I didn't think that she'll agree. That idiot.. It's good that I manage to hold back this embarrassing expression in front of her by frowning.

Man, this is getting annoying. That girl is so naive. Protecting her will be too troublesome for me if she's that stupid. I'll have to be extra careful..

Suddenly, I sensed a tint of hunger. I flinched. This is bad.. I haven't hunted since I stopped the transmission of the medicine with Yukari. At any time, my kakugan will activate..

Shoot.. this is bad.. I froze, thinking about what will do. I left the cubes at Anteiku. I didn't think this would happen. Coffee.. I need to drink coffee.

I held the eye-patch in my hand as I went to the vending machine.

I'm hungry..

Shoot! Have I thought that?!

Feed me.. I'm hungry..

Damn! Shut up! I drank the coffee and gulped it down. Then, I felt like it grew stronger. Stop! Damn!

Flesh.. I want flesh..

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Flesh.. Flesh.. Flesh.. Flesh..

The same word repeated inside my head as my hunger rose. Stop it! Shut the hell up!

I felt my Ghoul like desires surging up. I can't control myself anymore.. I can't take it anymore.. I felt my pupils changing. My kakugan activated!

I quickly wore the eye-patch. I need to get out here! Just when I was about to run, Yukari came to me with a worried expression.

"Kaneki-kun?" She called.

I took a step backwards, looking down.

"What's wrong, Kaneki-kun?" She asked, worriedly.

"D-Don't come any closer.." I said as I balled my fists, trying to control myself.

"Huh? Why? What's happening?" She asked, surprised.

"Run. Run, Yukari!" I yelled.

"Eh?"

"Just run, dammit!!!" I shouted.

She got frightened and started running. I can't.. I can't control it any longer.. Argh!

Someone.. stop me..!

"I want Flesh!"

(Seijo Yukari)

I ran as fast as I could. What's happening to Kaneki-kun?! Is he becoming berserk again?! No way! I don't want it! I have to get away before he gets me!

But.. He's being berserk as a starved Ghoul.. which means he is in danger of exposing his real nature. Kaneki-kun might be found out!

I hesitated to run and caught my breath. I'll try to.. persuade him!

I ran back to the direction where I came from. Before I realized it, Touka-senpai grabbed me by my waist and pushed me back.

I stumbled and landed on the floor. Ouch..!

She looked down on me with her scary glare.

"T-Touka-senpai.." I said as I looked at her.

She remained looking at me with her usual death scowl.

End of Chapter 40