Chapter 17

Chapter 17

He led me under a big tree where it shaded us completely and provided us with good and refreshing air. It made my tension subside.

"You like it here?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"This place is only meant for me. No girl has ever come here except you." He smiled.

"O-Oh.. Thanks for letting me come here." I said as I blushed.

"Nah. I really want you to come here, though. Because you're special." He said with a smile.

It made my heart race. I mean, not only his face is handsome but, his personality is perfect. How come I've forgotten about this wonderful guy?

I ate my food, thinking about how good he is. Not like Kaneki-kun. Hmph.. I pouted at the thought of him.

"Why are you making such a face?" He asked.

"N-Nothing.." I said.

"You don't like it here?" He asked.

"No! That's not it. I like it here." I said.
"Then.."

He moved his face closer to me. My heart is racing to the point I'm already blushing. W-What's he gonna do..?

"I wonder about how you feel about--"

"Seijo Yukari-san."

A female voice echoed at my back, making Takasuma-kun stop. Who..?
I turned to my back to see Kirishima-senpai standing behind me with her arms crossed. Her irritated expression is plastered on her face. She's giving me her usual glare.

"What are you two doing?" She asked clearly irritated.

"U-Uh.. K-Kirishima-senpai?" I asked.

"Do not ask me back. Answer me first." She said.

"N-Nothing! H-He was just removing some dirt on my hair.." I said.

"Oh, really?" She asked as she was
looking at me suspiciously.

"Kirishima-senpai, it's great to see you. How's your day?" Takasuma-kun asked.

Her eyes shifted at him and gave him a scary glare.

"Not good since I saw you." She
replied.

"N-Now, now Kirishima-senpai.. Please don't get angry--"

"Shut up." She said.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me forcefully. She has a tight grip on me. Ouch! It hurts!

"W-Wait, Kirishima-senpai! Y-You're hurting me!"

She continued dragging me away with her.

"What's wrong, Kirishima-senpai?!" I yelled.

She finally stopped dragging me. She turned to me.

"Don't ever go near that man again." She said firmly.

"Huh?" I exclaimed.

"He's clearly suspicious. He's dangerous." She said.

"Why are you suspecting him like that? It's not like you've known him!" I said.

"I'm telling this for your own sake!" She said.

"Why? Is he a Ghoul or something?!" I asked.

"No, that's not the case." She said.

"Then, what?!" I asked furiously.

"Whatever. Just don't go near him ever again." She said as she left.

Tsk. Kirishima-senpai makes my blood boil. Why is she judging him like that? He's not a bad guy. I mean, he's really wonderful. Grrr. Whatever. She's just being moody.

I went back to Takasuma-kun. He waved at me with his cheerful smile.

"What happened with Kirishima-senpai?" He asked.

"That was nothing. She just told me some advices on arranging my lunch. Haha.." I said to cover it up.

"Hmm. Then, would you like to try my lunch?" He asked.

He took his chopsticks and took Karage.

"E-Eh?" I exclaimed.

"Come on, open up." He said with a smile.

I opened my mouth to eat it. It'd be rude not to open. I chewed it and it was really delicious. It was really soft and it has a zesty flavor. Man, it's really good!

"How is it?" He asked.

"It's very good!" I said.

"Really? I'm glad." He said with a smile.

"Who made your lunch?"

"I cooked it."

My eyes widened in astonishment. He's really talented!

"Oh my gosh! You're really good!" I said.

"Uwaah.. You're making me blush." He said as he scratched his head.

Soon, the bell rung and we returned to our classroom. At the school gates, Kirishima-senpai waited for me.
Something bothered me for a while now. It looks like Kirishima-senpai is looking after me.

"Kirishima-senpai--"

"All that Kirishima is making me annoyed. It's long. Touka is fine." She said with her cold tone.

"Then, Touka-senpai.. Are you looking after me?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"N-Nothing.. It's just unusual." I said.

"There's a reason why I'm doing this but, I won't tell you cause' that guy'll reprimand me." She said.

"That guy?" I asked.

"Whatever."

The silence continued until we reached home. Touka-senpai is really scary.

(Kirishima Touka)

I went to my room and placed my bag down. When I reached the living room, I saw Kaneki and Hinami-chan reading a book together. He's smiling like usual but, I still sense a glint of sadness.

"Oh, Touka-chan. Welcome home." He said with a small wave of his hand.

"Onee-chan! Welcome home!" Hinami-chan said with a welcoming hug.

"So?" Kaneki asked.

As usual, he was asking me for a report regarding Seijo-san.

"Pretty normal, I guess. But, there's one thing that's bothering me." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"There's a guy with that girl a while ago."

"Anything suspicious?"

"Um.. Nothing much. It's just that, he smells a little weird." I said as I placed my chin in between my index finger and thumb, in the action of thinking.

"And, what of his scent?" He asked as his facial expressions turned serious.

"He smells a lot like a human but, there's a mysterious faint smell emitting from him.. I find it really suspicious." I said.

"At any rate, keep a close eye on her." He said.

His face was really serious that it made me notice that he was about to plan something.

End of Chapter 17