The demon blade that guy stabbed me with was clearly making it hard for me to self heal. I placed Jonah down and sat next to him holding my wound. We needed to make it far enough they couldn't follow before morning. 

We had to get moving, so I grabbed Jonah and we headed further into the woods. I didn't know exactly where we were, but I knew that which ever direction was furthest from the house had to be one worth taking.

We had been walking for hours, the sun would be up soon. We needed a place to rest and heal. I found a cave and walked inside. I placed Jonah down and fell beside him. I was getting weaker and the hungr was getting stronger, but I needed to heal Jonah. He was even weaker than I was, and we would both need some strength to continue before nightfall.. I bit into my arm and held it up to his mouth. He resisted at first, but drank anyways. I sat there listening to his heartbeat as it came back to life. It was slow before barley holding on, but now that my blood was in his system, it was coming back. Most of his wounds would heal fully, but not all of them. He would still have alot of scars, we both would.

*****

Jonah

When I opened my eyes, we were in a cave. Kennedy was passed out next to me. She must have fed me her blood, I could feel some of my strength coming back. I was still a little weak, but I was strong enough to keep going. I looked at her closely, she was holding her side and it was bleeding. She wasn't healing correctly. She needed to feed in order for her body to heal itself properly.

"Kennedy." I shook her. She woke up with a jump, wrapping her hand around my neck. "Woah, calm down it's me." I said. She let go of me quickly. Her eyes were a dark red, she was hungry for sure. She needed to feed in order to get some strength. I pulled my arm to her lips. "You need to feed. Your body is too weak to go on." She pushed my arm away.

"No, I can keep going. I won't drink from you." She siad.

"Don't be stupid Kennedy, your hunger will just get worse. You need to feed." I said.

"I'd rather die," she said. I had a feeling she would say that. I grabbed a rock and cut into my arm. She looked at my arm and grabbed it. "I don't think I can stop if I start." She said.

"I trust you." I said to her. Her fangs came out, and her eyes got darker. Her grip on my arm was stronger. She was having an internal battle with herself, and her human side was not going to win. Reluctantly, she bit into my arm. It was painful at first, but eventually the pain subsided. Her grip became even tighter. I could tell her hunger was getting to her. I pulled away and she pushed me down and got onto my lap.The look she gave me told her she was no longer in control. She bite into my neck and I could feel myself getting weaker. "Kennedy, stop." I said. I tried pulling her off, but I was too weak. I could feel myslef going unconscious. She stopped before I lost total consciousness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Here take my blood. It should give you your strength back." she bit into her wrist and fed me her blood. My strength was coming back.

The hunger was still in her eyes. I could tell that it wasn't enough. I placed my hand on her cheek and looked at her. I could see in her eyes that she was scared, once the moon was out she would transform for the first time, and she didn't want to hurt anyone. She was being brave for me to keep us going.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked me.

"Like what?"

"Like you're about to tell me you love me or something." She said. I gave a small laugh.

"Would it be wrong if I did?" I asked.

" We can't okay. I can't." She said.

"I know you're afraid to love Kennedy. I mean I understand why, but you can't run away forever." I said to her.

"Love just isn't made for me okay it isn't. I'm a monster, I don't deserve to be loved. I deserve to be..." I cut her off, placing my lips onto hers. She didn't pull back and so I continued deepening the kiss. My hands went under her shirt and she shivered at my touch. She pulled away before anything else could happen, and got off of my lap.

"We can't go any further." She said.

"We could if we wanted to."

"Did you forget that we are already pregnant with two babies? We can't go there, not now." She said. I smiled at her words.

"So your saying sometime later is fine?"

"That's not what I meant. Let's just go, we have a lot of ground to cover. Since we are both at decent strength, we can get farther. There's no doubt that Julian already has his minions searching for us." 

"You said the pack was on its way? How would you know that?" I asked her.

"You do realize Willa is pregnant with the two people who are like tracking devices for us right?" She said.

"So they are going to use the babies to track us. Wasn't the whole point of her leaving with them to keep them safe?"

"Well yes, and no. Look I'll explain on the way, I can hear them coming, we need to move before they find us." We headed out of the cave and sped away. We stopped again when we were far enough away to walk.

"So you going to tell me why our children are coming back to the war zone to be killed?"

"When I turn, I won't have any control over what I do because of my vampire side which has also just been woken up which as you could tell, is very hungry. I also won't be able to turn back until I get control of my wolf which won't be easy seeing as our connection was severed when I was younger. The plan is to transfer the babies back to me. I can't be in wolf form and pregnant at the same time. Its how I'm going to gain control back." She said.

"You do realize that that is a stupid plan right? You have no idea what could happen to you or the babies while you're in wolf form. Transitioning back to your human form could kill the three of you." I said.

"Don't worry, that is plan B. Plan A is to find the pack before the full moon and then get Willa to transfer the babies back to me. That way I don't transform at all and everyone is safe." She said.

"You do realize that you would only be stopping the inevitable right? You will have to turn right after you give birth, and also you will still be a hungry newborn vampire." I explained.

"I guess it's great that there are people in this interesting little family of ours that can help now isn't it." She said.

"Right." She stopped in her tracks and sniffed the air.

"Blood. I smell fresh blood." She said. Her eyes turned back to their dark red and she sped towards the source. I had a bad feeling about this. I followed after her and grabbed her before she could take another step.

"It's a trap, Kennedy. He wants you to go that way." I said to her.

"Let me go!" she got out of my grip and pushed me away speeding away again in the opposite direction of where we should have been going. I followed her again, but when I found her, she was unconscious in his arms.

"Did you really think you could run away from me," Julian said. It was the last thing I heard before I felt a syringe go into my skin and everything went black.