What just happened??-Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

At that moment it was really awkward as you can imagine but we joined in to make it seem like we were all really into it, well maybe not Shan. But she behaved for the most part.

"Okay son blow out your candles!!" His mother said with such joy in her heart. This is why I loved Mama J growing up. Don't get me wrong she crazy as hell but when she loved you, she LOVED YOU. She was the kinda mamma that invited every kid into her home. Her house was the chilling spot.

If we ever wanted to link up and chill we'd go to Mama j's house because we know we'd get three things, food, love and laughter and the occasional a whopping but that was mainly reserved for Darius and Keem for doing something stupid.

1am~

The party was rounding up and I was currently getting a care package from Mama J for the road. She was really giving me food like I was going on a 3 months trip. But hey I wasn't complaining her cornbread is 😍😍

"You can't be a stranger anymore Kendra. You know you're the closest thing I have to a daughter. All I have are those two knuckle heads. One act like he don't have no sense at 24 years old and the other actually doesn't at 17. Whew chilee they are stressing me out"

I just laughed at mama J's rant. But I know she tired of her boys but she's never get rid of them, she loves them too much.

"I promise I'll come around more often Mama" I say with a convincing smile.

"Yeah yeah I'll believe it when I see it. I need you around more babygirl. I got a date night coming up and you need to help me find a dress"

"Huuh Mama? Since when you going on dates. Let me find out you got your groove back" I say smirking at her.

"Chilee my groove never left , you see all of this *does a 360* which woman my age you know look like this"

"I know that's right !!" We give eachother a high-five whilst laughing.

"I just need a lil revamp you know. I wanna get back into the dating scene"

"Wait Mama have you told Darius or Darnell??"

"Told them what ? Girl please they ain't nobodies daddy" she says shrugging off the thought. "I dare one of their skinny lil behinds to tell me something"

"I hear you sis, you straight fire"

"And that's on period" she says whilst doing the hand gesture.

"Erm Mama, whatcha know about period?"

"Girlllll them city girls make too much sense. My favourite that one erm yung Mimi"

"Ermm you mean yung Miami Mama"

"Lil girl, I said what I said"

I shake my head whilst giggling in response "yes ma'am"