XXII

Normani blinked a few times before rolling over, she could tell the spot beside her was empty which made her pout. She sat up and attempted to look through her groggy eyes, wiping them a tad bit roughly. A yawn fell from her lips before she realized her girlfriend was in the shower, she climbed out of the king bed and ventured into the bathroom where Bey resided.

"You left me." Normani whined as she stood in front of the closed shower. She could see the silhouette of Beyoncé's body through the door that was half covered with steam before seeing it slide open.

"Really Mani?" Beyoncé chuckled, peeking out of the shower. "You're such a baby."

"Your baby." Normani teased, poking her lips out and meeting Beyoncé's half way. "You know I don't sleep the best when you're not beside me."

"Normani, I just left."

"And I sensed that which is why I'm awake, duh."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes while slightly shaking her head, Normani was such a brat... her brat but a brat nonetheless.

"Is there anything you need baby?"

Normani couldn't fight the small smile that etched it's way on her face, it was the little things.

"Actually, yes. I feel as if we should save time and water."

Beyoncé smirked a little as a laugh escaped her mouth. "C'mon."

• • •

Zendaya tapped her nails against the table of the booth she sat in. She found herself anxious of Normani's arrival, she didn't know what to expect. She caught herself looking at the door every time someone would enter. It was well past 11:00, which was the time they decided to meet up and Zendaya contemplated texting Normani to ask if she changed her mind but decided not to. She did not want to seem needy.

She sighed, maybe Normani did change her mind and she couldn't even be mad if she did. She was a bit cruel after Normani did nothing but try to be a good friend, she wouldn't talk to her either.

But of course Zendaya wasn't Normani, Normani was more open to forgiving others and second chances which is why she showed up.

Zendaya looked up to see Normani walking towards her and mentally prepared herself for what was to come but hoped for good things only. She missed her best friend.

"Hey." Normani greeted as she slid into the opposite side of the booth. "Sorry I'm late, I..." She paused, she wasn't about to tell Zendaya that she was late because Beyoncé couldn't keep her hands to herself. "Something came up."

Zendaya raised an eyebrow, sensing the hesitation on Normani's behalf but didn't question it.

"It's fine." She said truthfully, she was honestly just happy that Normani decided to show up. Better late than never.

"So what's up?"

"I wanted to apologize to you, Mani. I should've believed you, you've been my best friend since sandbox days and we've always been there for each other. I should not have allowed someone to manipulate me into believing you'd steer me wrong."

Normani nodded, she could tell the apology was genuine but she wasn't sure what made her realize it.

"What changed your mind?"

Zendaya looked at Normani shyly before letting out a heavy sigh. "Megan called last night."

Normani looked at the woman in front of with a hint of amusement, it was feeling like an 'I told you so' moment but it seems Zendaya was embarrassed enough.