"Well then shall we get started?"she said smiling she wrapped her arm around Gulf and Nida grabbed his other arm and they pulled him into the dinning room together.

"Is he okay?" Zee asked Saint. Saint didn't answer he had seen Gulf's reaction to the word love, he had also seen his pain at the word mom. He didn't know Mew knew, in Gulfs mind Mew only knew his parents had passed away, but not the reason.

Saint glanced at Mew who was also frowning. Saint grabbed Zee's hand "Let's hope for the best" he sighed pulling him along.

Mew watched everyone head towards the dinning room. He had forgotten to tell his mom about Gulf's parents, and now she had mentioned love. He knew how much Gulf struggled with anyone loving him, it's why he had only allowed the small group of people to do it. He felt he didn't deserve it, like he was too broken to earn it.

"Mew?" His mother called "Is everything okay?" She asked touching his cheek. He rested his face on it.

"Mom Gulf's parents died tragically when he was younger"

She widened her eyes "Mew I didn't know, I'm so-"

"No,It isn't your fault I just want you to know so that you can love him like you love me" he said holding his mom's hand that was still on his cheek.

She smiled "You do love him" she whispered. He nodded.

"I don't know when it happened but I do" he said. To say he was scared was and understatement.
——
Everyone ate and talked, telling stories about each other the tension Gulf had felt earlier had faded slowly. His fear of Mew finding out the whole truth and rejecting him still lingered , it's why he hadn't made eye contact with him no matter how much he felt him staring.

Nida sensing his discomfort squeezed his hand "Everything okay?" She whispered, he nodded a yes and she smiled at him and winked.

"Who wants to hear the story on how I scared Mew so bad he peed his pants one day?" Everyone chuckled including Gulf.

"Nida..." Mew warned

And they all bursted into laughter.

——-

They were now sitting down in the living room again , but Nida and Mew had disappeared. Gulf looked around but didn't see them anywhere.

"Gulf, sweetheart" Mew's mother called him.

"Yes?"

"Could you please bring me a cup of water?" She asked coughing a bit, he got up quickly, she chuckled at his reaction "You remember where the kitchen is?" He nodded and took off.

He was coming back from the kitchen when he heard a murmur of voices and his name in between the hushed words. He took a step closer and heard Nida.

"I'm serious Mew, stop putting it off"

"Nida I want to, but I'm so scared. What if he hates me? What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore?"

Gulf felt bad for eavesdropping, he began to turning to walk away.

"If Gulf finds out you read his personal file some other way that isn't you, or later after you've establish a formal relationship,he won't trust you again, and I care for him too much Mew"

Gulf felt himself being rooted to the ground. He what? He read his file? His file filled with everything about him? With his parents murder? With his psychologist notes? With his fear, pain, self hate? He knew it all?

"I know. I shouldn't have done it. I regret it so much. I'll tell him I promise just give me time, I just earned his trust I don't want to ruin it"

Gulf felt his ears ringing, his mind was screaming at him, it was yelling for him  to get out, to run. He knew it. He knew it all. All of his insecurities, all of his guilt, his fear to love, to be loved.

"He deserves the truth. You should start this relationship right specially with what you just told me"

Gulf felt the room begin spin, the tightness in his chest came back with a vengeance suffocating him. The hand holding the cup began to tremble.

"I know, I'll tell him about the file before I tell him I  lo-"

"Gulf?!"

Mew and Nida froze at the sound of Gulf's name.

"Are you okay you don't look so good!?" Pufai who had arrived late asked "Auntie J was asking for her water"

The door to the room Mew and Nida were in swung open. Gulf turned and locked eyes with Mew.

"Gulf" Mew said taking a step towards him. Gulf instinctively took a step back and just like that he was no longer rooted the the floor, he looked away from Mew and handed the cup to Pufai without a word, he began walking towards the front door. He needed to get out of here.

"Gulf! Wait!Gulf let me explain!" Mew called after him but he didn't want to listen he didn't want to hear.

Mild came out from the living room, Boat and the others right behind him "What's going on?!?"
He saw Gulf's pale complexion and the way he was breathing and knew an episode was coming, he rushed to his side.

"Take me home please" he whispered to Mild who didn't question it and rushed out to get the car, Boat behind him.

Mew finally caught up with him and grabbed his arm, Gulf spun around quickly shaking off his grip "DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" He yelled. That shocked everyone. Gulf never yelled. No matter how angry he was he never yelled.

Mew stood there pain written across his face, he watched Gulf turn around.

"Gulf please... let me explain" he said following

Gulf didn't care he didn't want to hear it, he couldn't breathe, his ears were ringing, he stumbled almost falling to the ground.

Mew tried to go near him but Saint stopped him, shaking his head.He walked over to Gulf ,helping him up and into the car.

"Gulf" Mew pleaded one more time before the door closed but Gulf didn't even glance his way. He watched them drive away and he felt his heart crumble. He had fucked up, he had messed everything up.

"Mew.." Nida and his mom said softly standing beside him. His mother wiped at the tears that were falling from his eyes. He didn't even realized he was crying until she did that and then he crumpled to the ground and sobbed.

*****
Author's Note: Hello guys! Thank you for all the likes, our story is beginning to climb like a rollercoaster, be prepared emotions are about to be all over the place in the following chapters. Thank you for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy 🤍