Chapter Twenty One

"Hey, mate." Danny said, covering the slightly awkward silence.

"Hey." Tom said, with an emotionless state.

He had the same empty sound he possessed when we first met...it was a melancholy tone.

He just stood there hanging his head, as if he was holding back tears.

"Uh...hey girls, let's go make some food, shall we? Dougie, Harry, why don't you join in too?" Chloe said, almost like a mother leading children away from a tedious situation.

"Yeah, let's get cooking!" Harry said adding comic relief.

"Delilah, you coming?" Amanda questioned, after seeing me frozen in thought.

"Yeah, but I need to use the toilet first."

"Okay, catch ya in a few!"

I walked to the restroom, flipped on the lights, and thought. I didn't really need to use it, I just needed to clear my mind out.

"Mate, what's wrong?" I overheard Danny say.

"C'mon, butty, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Natalie....She called." Tom finally croaked out.

"Natalie Called?! What could she possibly want?"

"She said she wants the rest of her things back and to 'not write any crap songs about me'."

"Ah, she's a lost cause, mate." Danny said reassuring him.

"I know...I just...I"

I could almost here him crying, but there wasn't an audible sound.

"I have to go." Tom said, holding back tears.

I could hear footsteps running.

"Wait, Tom!"

"I flung the door open. Danny looked utterly startled.

"I'm not letting him get away!" I said subtly.

I ran as fast as i've ever.

I finally caught up with him on the block.

I braced myself, panting.

"Please, Tom, just listen to me."

"I know about her now and I know that she broke your heart. I don't know what kind of relationship we have really, but I promise that I will never break your heart like that. You're way to special of a person, and I honestly don't deserve a guy like you. You're talented funny, light-

"You talk way too much" He said covering my mouth with a half smile. He was still miffed.

He kissed me again.

and again.

and...okay, you understand now.

"There's only one thing left to do."

I gave him a quizzical look.

"Delilah May Myers, of Indianapolis, Indiana, of the United States of America, Queen of the short peo-

I raised my eyebrows at his sly comment.

"Will you go out with me?"

Author's Note:

okay, readers, that was the FINAL CHAPTER of Nothing's Certain at the Start!!  But no fear, I plan on writing a sequel here soon, so the story is not over!

I'll also be publishing another story, being completely disassociated with Nothing's Certain At The Start but still McFly related. So keep an eye out for the preview!

Thank you for continuously reading my story, It's insane how many reads i've had overall!