Nothing's Certain At The Start (A McFly Fan Fiction)

Disclaimer: I do not own McFly, Super Records, or anything affiliated with them. I came up with the characters Delilah, Kendell, Chloe, Lola, etc. and the plot line of this story. 

Chapter One: 

"But you didn't have to cut me off!!!!!!!!!!!!" I heard as the sounds of Gotye rang through my cellphone. 

"International call?!" I thought looking at my phone. 

Might as well answer it. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, is this Delilah Myers?" A man with an accent asked me.

Is this guy British or something? 

"Erm...yes?" I answered skeptically.

"Okay, great. Let me introduce myself; I am Scott Hampton. I work for Super records. My colleagues and I have stumbled upon your videos and music posts. We think you have a lot of potential. In fact, we think your so good, we'd like you to come and work for us." 

... what. Is. This. 

"I know this is very sudden, but we really think you'd be a great asset to our company."

"...What exactly would I be doing there?" 

"Well, you'd be a backup singer, meaning you would sing extra vocals for our music clients records, and sing with them on tour. Now, I know we saw that you could play guitar in your videos. Are there any other instruments you play?"

"Uh, yeah, I play piano and bass as well."

"Ah, brilliant, just brilliant. Are you able to sing harmony parts in songs?"

"Yes, I can." I answered. 

I wondered where this was going honestly. It wasn't like I got a call everday from a strange British man asking me to be a backup singer. What's the catch to all this?

"Even better..." He said as his voice trailed off. 

"Now the real question is, are you willing to come work with us here at Super Records?" 

"I'm honestly not sure...I need to sort this out." 

"Okay, I'll give you two days to come to a decision." 

"Thank you, Mr. Hampton. Goodb-"

"Oh, and I forgot to mention, our studios are in London." 

"London, England?!?!"

"Yes, you probably have a lot to think about the next two days. Good day, Miss Myers." Mr. Hampton said hanging up the phone. 

Two Hours Later:

"YOU GOT A CALL FROM WHERE?!?!" My best friends Claire, Kendell, and Lola asked in unison. 

"Super Records." I said calmly. 

Someone had to be calm since they were all spazzing out. 

"Where's that?" Asked Claire.

"Erm...In uh.."

"Spill." Lola asked fiercely.

She knew something was up. 

"ITSINTHEUKNEARLONDON."

"Did you say...London?" asked Kendell raising an eyebrow.

"Yes"

"I don't think I know of a London near bye. Is it far away?" Claire asked. 

"You could say that..." I said. 

"Is it in the US?" Asked Kendell.

I just stared at my feet.

"You don't mean-there's no way, I mean-" Lola said looking at the other 2 girls.

"LONDON, ENGLAND?!" They yelled. 

"I wasn't sure what you guys were expecting..." I said as my voice trailed off. 

"Uh, that it wouldn't be in another continent!" Claire said. 

"Well, let's not over-exaggerate." Kendell said.

"It's not exaggeration, it's common knowledge and geography." Claire retorted. 

Kendell was a bit of a blond. 

"They want me to be a back-up singer/instrumentalist for their company." I said.

"Del! This could be your big break! I know how you've wanted to get yourself out there in the music business. This could be your chance!" Lola said. 

"I don't know about that but it does make good pay." I said.

"Be positive. Once you get your feet into the water, so to speak, you can move up on the totem pole of musical success." Lola said. 

Typical Lola, being overly positive and encouraging. 

"When are you suppose to give your answer?" Claire asked. 

"In two days." 

"Go for it!" Kendell said reassuringly. 

"Thanks, guys.I'm glad you supporting me. I said smiling. 

"Of course we will!" Lola said.

"Does this mean you're going to move to London." Claire asking looking a bit sad.

"Most likely, yes. It's a long-term thing, so I have to live in an apartment there." 

"I'm gonna miss you!!" Kendell said hugging me tight. 

"I'm not leaving yet! I still have some decisions to make." I said laughing. 

"Well, I'm going to hit the sack. You should get some sleep too, Del." Lola said patting my back.

"Well said." I said walking into my room and plopping onto my bed.

I took a long sigh.

What should I do? Do I go to London and breakout there? Do I stay here and work at the Music Shop? Ahhhh, what should I do. 

It was going to be a long two days. 

Author's Note:

I know this isn't that exciting of a chapter but bear with me. As the story progresses on, McFly will be brought into the picture. If you have any question, comments, or suggestions, you can inbox or IM me, or comment below.  Hope you've enjoyed it so far! 

                                                -- Erin xx