19; Like Looking In A Mirror (But Stranger)

En başından başla

'Darling'? There's definitely something wrong with him.

"Mark? What mark?" As Aziraphale got closer, the redhead's facial expression changed, from confused to worried.

"Azirafell..." He said in a hushed tone.

Aziraphale was hoping this was all a joke that would end soon. "Dear boy, what's going on? You've never miss-pronounced my name before. Not once in six millennia!"

Just then, they were close enough to sense one another's presence. Both beings felt a shiver go down their spine. The taller angel cleared his throat awkwardly. "I believe we experienced different millennia, then... You're not the demon I've known since Eden."

"Nor are you..."

"Right, then. Let's find them."

"How are you planning to do that?"

"I have my ways." Said the redhead, slipping his black ring off and cupping it in the palm of his hand. He blew into it and seconds later, it began to glow as strong as a star. Thankfully, it was only for a moment and no humans seemed to notice.

With a tilt of the head, angel Crowley guided Aziraphale in the direction they needed to go.

Both pairs went deeper into the park, not daring to speak. It was quite clear all they were focused on was searching for their beloveds. At one point, the redheaded angel said something under his breath and the ring began to glow again. Aziraphale noticed it would glow brighter depending on the angle or direction. Because of this, he grabbed the other angel's hand and started moving it himself to see where it was leading them to.

The ring shone brightest when it was placed straight across the pond. In the distance, Aziraphale saw a familiar head of short, red hair. And right next to him, what looked to be his own evil twin. He snapped his fingers and he and the other angel were across the large body of water. The redheaded angel jumped into the other blond's arms.

"Oh, darling, thank goodness you're alright!" Said the skinny ethereal being.

'Darling'?

The demon hugged him tightly as he nodded. "Yes dove, I'm fine. Are you?" He asked as he pulled away and placed his gentle hand on his cheek.

Oh, dear. That's certainly closer than we've ever been...

He looked over to his favorite demon, only to find him just as shocked as he was! They locked eyes for a moment but focused on their opposites once more.

"Yes, perfectly. Now, exactly where are we?" Asked angel Crowley as he looked around the place.

Demon Aziraphale shrugged. "No idea. Though, I suppose our counterparts can fill in the blanks..." He said, gesturing to the confused pair of celestial beings.

~~~~~

They made their way over to the bookshop to talk things over in a private setting. To avoid any confusion while the four of them were together, they decided to give their visitors from another world some type of variation of their names. Luckily, Azirafell, no longer 'Aziraphale', didn't mind being referred to as 'Az' and angel Crowley also went by 'Anthony' back home.

Home, Aziraphale and Crowley soon found out, was a universe where many things were different from theirs. For example, Az is known as 'Amon' by the rest of Hell's forces, even though he's made sure to let them know he went by 'Azirafell' these days and Anthony never Fell for asking questions, therefore he was easily the most curious angel Heaven had to offer. Rather than Shadwell, Anthony's heist connection was Tracy, who was part of a coven named "The Witches Of Soho". Said heist was for hellfire, not holy water, and that specific exchange afterwards in the car went down very differently than it had in this universe.