Authors Note - 28/08/2020

Hello everyone

Just wanted to make a quick Note to tell you about something that was happening for the last two days. Ok I think it isnt a Note...a Little Rant Out maybe perhaps?? Hehe...😜😜But writing it out is going to help me feel so much Better rather than just keeping it in the walls of my Head, because I most definetly have had some positive lessons and takeaways and constructive learnings from everything that happened.

So yeah..here it goes...

So, as you all know from my previous note that Hit Wicket My heart was listed in Wattpad India's- We Recommend You Review Book,along with a list of works of some amazing writers who have been writing up some amazing stories and plots in the community.

However there were a group of people, who probably felt that the list of recommendations put up by Wattpad this week didnt deserve as much attention as they were disappointed that Cliche'd Romance categories that were all done and dusted and already overloaded on Wattpad were being listed out and featured and that the more number of reads did not necessarily mean that a book has good content.

I truly beleive that everyone is entitled to have their own opinions and I respect that, and at first I was trying to ignore the words and tones they had been using in their comments to express their disappointment over the same. However day before yesterday evening, while I was going through the comments that were dropping in the Post - A Humble Request( which was made by Wattpad India in the book as they regulated the hurtful comments on the request of a fellow author who was featured in the list alongside me ), I just thought that since it's an open community, i can atleast try to explain to them, what we felt as writers, over they way in which they had chosen to express their disappointment to our work. Theres obviously nothing wrong in giving honest feedback after reading the book..as long as one is kind and open to listening to what the other side (we)also has to say about it.And I did get into a one on one with one of the users, in the inline comments and tried to handle it all with a lot of love and politeness from my end , and by the time the matter settled down day before yesterday night, I went to bed with a learning,that maybe from next time..theres no point in trying to make the other see your opinion incase they are not open/ receptive to even think of ones POV with a calmer eye. ( since this was the first instance that I got into something like this discussion on Wattpad).

However once again yesterday morning, as the comments on WattpadIndia's post off Humble Request from one of the other users also came up, I most definetly wanted to talk to the user to thank her for investing her time into reading 20 chapters of my book and to tell her that yes ...you are right and I am aware that the editing and grammatical errors exist, as I have not proofread the work before posting, and I put the disclaimer for the same before every post/ chapter I post up, so that the readers know that they will come face to face with grammatical/ typo/punctuation errors. And I even told her that infact I myself have been thinking of taking up some courses online to improve on all of that and that I will definetly take in all her suggestions as a part of my learning curve. And well, I thought that was going to be the end of the discussion..however I was obviously a little taken aback when she started posting up inline comments calling out other positive and loving comments and feedbacks I had received as lies and sugarcoated words which in her opinion everyone were writting as a mode of flattery and misguiding me.I had also casually mentioned to her my reasons as to why I am short on time for proofreading/editing just now( but will get around to it soon nonetheless), and she twisted it all up in inline comments and started saying things like - I am stating all these things as excuses to gain false sympathy to cover up for my flaws or something like that(which was never really the case, because I had mentioned that I take full Ownership of my work nonethelss).She even clearly stated in her comments as to how she couldnt beleive how a book that needed editing and grammatical corrections was getting all goody goody and positive feedback which to her eye were all Sugarcoated Lies.And then once again as I poliltely made an effort to make her understand that it's just probably a difference in perspective , everyone is leaving comments on basis of what they felt as they read the book and a different POV from hers doesnt necessarily constitute a Sugarcoated Lie. And all the feedbacks were welcome to me.