CHAPTER 13 - THE UPPERCUT 2.0

CHAPTER 13 – THE UPPERCUT 2.0

Same Day – 530 PM

Khushi's POV

It finished putting on my maroon lip stain and looked at my reflection in the mirror and I was kind off surprised by my very own look – because I hadn't dressed up in forever, that was because of my hectic and busy lifestyle in between of my jobs , I didn't have much time to party anymore.

Ocassionaly,I did really enjoy dressing up a little every now and then.

When mom was alive, she'd fuss over getting me ready before a house party with friends etc or for a date night with Armaan.(when we were dating in the past).

And I used to love that time with her.

I missed her.

I wipe the tear that was threatening to fall my eye now and I smile at my reflection ; mom was probably grinning up there at seeing me finally dress up for a little party time after ages.

Honestly, this was like the first party I was attending after their passing.

And I probably would have given it a pass if it hadn't been a celebration for Diya's birthday.

Diya was important to me and I wanted to be there for her on her happy occasion.

I walked over to the little study room ,and opened the suitcase with moms stuff in it and I picked out her favourite bracelet and crystal studs and put it on and I look at my reflection in the mirror and I smile on reflex.

I had chosen to wear this maroon colour off shoulder crop top which had a sweetheart neckline cinched in the front and worn my high waist black jeggings to compliment the same but because it was a crop top, a little bit of my midriff was visible in between the gap from my top and my high waisted jeggings.

Id worn this combination because this was the last outfit mom had helped me pick up, with the thought of me having to wear it that upcoming get together at university, last year.

That was also the last I had shopped for myself actually.

I stepped into the maroon colour stiletoes mom had picked up for me to go with this, and I take a deep breathe and close my eyes and I remember Mom's excited expression when id tried out this combination in the shop in front of her.

She had been super excited about how well the whole look complimented me.

For You - Mom

I hoped she was watching over me and was happy that id finally gotten around to wearing this.

I enjoyed wearing make up too once in a while, I did use a bb cream for myself on a daily basis with just some nude colour gloss or matt lip stain, but I did indulge in going a little bit more heavy with my cover today, keeping in mind the make up look mom had talked to me about on the way back home after shopping.

For you – Mom.

Shed also said that if I tied my hair up into a high pounytail – it would really accentuate the whole look, and I picked up hair into it and I was kind off confused whether I should go ahead with this or not because anyway this top was off shoulder and with a sweetheart neckline, I felt like tying my hair up would bring too much attention to my neckline and shoulderblades.

Maybe that's why Mom suggested this because she never let go off any occasion to dress me up to remind me that even though deep within I felt like a tomboy, with a little bit of effort into dressing up – I definetly didn't look like one , and was delicate and graceful and feminine.