Chapter 26: The Results

Start from the beginning

Izumina turned to meet Izuku's eyes. He still looked pretty terrified. Izumina forced a smile. "Well done. Why don't you wait for me by Uraraka and Iida while I take my turn now?"

Izuku nodded before cautiously walking around her and Bakugou, who was still standing, frozen in place before her. Izumina watched as Izuku made his way back to the class. Once he'd rejoined Uraraka and Iida, Izumina turned her head away from him and approached Bakugou.

Bakugou's bangs covered his eyes, but even with the shadow covering his face, she could tell his teeth were clenched. His hands were balled into fists by his sides.

"Katsuki?" Izumina tried to get his attention by standing in front of him, but the boy refused to meet her gaze. His head snapped to the side suddenly as Uraraka asked Izuku if his finger was alright, causing Izumina to flinch.

"Katsuki?" Izumina tried once again to gain the boy's attention. Bakugou didn't meet her gaze but did open his mouth to talk. His voice was gruff, barely a whisper, but Izumina heard it all the same.

"Until a little while ago, he was a pebble on the side of the road. A pebble...on the side of the road!" The look of hatred in Bakugou's eyes grew, but for some reason, unknown to even her, Izumina wasn't taken aback.

"Is he really the problem here, Katsuki?"

This finally gained Bakugou's attention. It was Izumina's turn to not meet his gaze, for it had fallen to their shoes. "I know you must feel like we've left you in the dark. But in truth, that was only me."

She mustered up the courage to meet his eyes and saw red, the opposite of green. Bakugou, the opposite of her and Izuku. "I want to explain myself. Can you hold off on fighting Izuku 'till then?"

Bakugou raised a brow at her. "And why would I do that, Freckles?"

Izumina smiled, even though Bakugou's gaze was seething and intense. "Because we're friends."

Bakugou's face dropped into a grimace at the word 'friends'. Something about hearing Izumina say it made his skin itch and his temper rise. "Friends?" Bakugou scoffed indignantly before lowering his voice and growling in her ear, the same way he had the night of the sludge villain attack. "I barely know you, Kimino. How can we be friends?"

And with that, he stomped back to the class.

Izumina frowned as she watched Bakugou's back, that is until Aizawa passive-aggressively coughed into his hand and gestured for her to get on with it.

Izumina bowed apologetically in her teacher's direction before picking a softball up off the ground and stepping into the circle. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she tried to regain her level head.

"Focus, Izumi," she told herself. "Concentrate... Visualize... Get a clear mental image." Izumina did her best to picture her destination. The cobblestone pathway that led to the stone house.

Izumina recalled that fateful day at the doctor's office, and the doctor's words: "Your quirk allows you to teleport yourself, as well as small objects anywhere you can see or are emotionally attached to. As for people, it looks as though you can teleport them too, however you have to be in physical contact with that person throughout the teleportation process in order to move with them to another destination. So, simply put, you are able to teleport people with you but not by themselves."

Izumina opened her eyes and smirked. "Good thing softballs aren't people."

Without so much as pulling her arm back before the pitch, Izumina teleported the ball. In the blink of an eye, the ball had disappeared from her palms. Izumina turned to face Aizawa as the machine in his hand beeped.