I back away from the closet door giving myself room to maneuver. I lift my right leg directly in front of the spot. I brace myself on my left leg making my body stiff and pushing everything down to my raised leg. In a move that is swift as a cobra, I kick the door's vulnerable spot and after a crack and a snap it gives way and swings open as the wood on the door panel splinters. I step out of the closet. I'm not the scared eight year old girl from long ago, but the woman. The voice that had directed me out of the closet belonged to the man that I saw on the beach in the Bahamas, and the island.

"I'd forgotten this memory," I said looking around at my dad's old hunting cabin.

"This is where you learned to be strong. To never be the victim," The stranger says as he searches my face.

"You have always been with me, how could I have forgotten you?" I ask turning back to face him.

"Children always forget their imaginary friends, and at the time that's all I was to you." The stranger replies with a sad smile.

"Who are you?" I ask taking a step closer to him.

"I have to believe that you already know the answer to that question in your heart, Nikayla." He answers standing his ground.

"Why have you made me remember this? It is you that's caused this whole thing, right? The memory?" I asked my eyes boring into his for answers.

"To remind you of what you learned here today." He then stepped aside to reveal me as a little girl and him kneeling before me, his hands resting on my arms.

"Now you can open any doors that may be locked to you." He told the little girl.

"If picking the lock doesn't work, then kick in the damn door." With that we watched the little girl and man fade away. The stranger then turned back to face me at put his finger up to silence me when I started to speak.

"Kayla your time on this island has come to an end, before you leave you have to find the answers that you came here for. You tried picking the lock it didn't work now it's time for you to kick in the door. Take what you need."

                                                                  *****

I came awake with a start to someone banging on my door. I slipped off my bed and retrieved the gun from under the mattress.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Mr. Machado has sent me to come and get you." A voice said in broken English from the other side of the door. Making sure the gun was out of view I cracked the door open. A big burly guard stood in the hall with his arms folded looking immovable.

"I have to get dress would you like to wait for me in my room?" I asked putting on an easy smile.

That seemed to disarm the guard a little but he gave me a curt nod. I stepped back and opened the door wider to let him in. As he walked in I bashed the hilt of the gun into the back of his head and watch him crumple like a rag doll. I quickly shut the door before anyone else could happen down the hall. I looked in my trunk and fished out a pair of hand cuffs and rope. I cuffed his hands behind his back and brought his feet up to tie them to the hand cuffs. I then flipped him over unto his hands and feet and went into the bathroom to get a trash can full of water to revive him. I calmly dashed the water into his face and he came to as if he was drowning.

"Now amigo, I understand that you speak very little English but you probably understand more English than I do Spanish so please oblige me if you would." The big man wrestled around on the floor until he saw his attempts was futile and only exhausting him in the process. I walked over to the closet and pulled down my medical bag. I pulled out a syringe and a glass vial of normal saline and sat it on the night stand by the bed all in view of the guard.

"Being a doctor I often wondered what kind of damage could hydrochloric acid cause if it was administered directly into the vein? Would it have time to make its way through your circulatory system causing excruciating pain in its wake, or would it vesicate the veins and burn a hole into the site of injection. Hm I wonder."

This got the guard's attention his gaze began to swing from me to the night stand.

"When you came to get me you said that Mr. Machado had sent you. Where is Mr. Machado?" I asked staring down at him keeping my expression blank. The guard turned his head to stare at the wall.

"Okay I'll find him on my own, but at least I'll get to satisfy my medical curiosity that is so important to us doctors you know." I explained walking over to the night stand that held the syringe and the vial of water.

I calmly filled the syringe with the water and sat it down on the table and walked over to the guard who stared at me with fear in his eyes. I knelt down and began to unbuckle his belt and then his pants, his eyes then widened with understanding of what I had planned for him.

"Please no, I tell you what you want to know." He said his words jumbling over each other. At that moment there was a sharp rapt on the room door, the guard's relief showed on his face. I grabbed my gun off the bed and walked over to the door.

"Yes?" I again called out.

"Kayla it's me open up." Big John answered from the other side of the door. I quickly opened the door for him and he rushed in but stopped short at the hulking body that lay bound in the middle of the floor.

"So I guess you already know the shit has hit the fan?" Big John asked with raised eyebrows.

"And has flown everywhere." I replied with the understatement of the year. "Our friend here was just about to tell me what happened to Antonio." I explained leveling my gaze on the guard.

"Mr. Guevara has him, he kill him if you don't let me go." The guard whined pleadingly.

"You have no room to bargain my friend, now tell me where he is or kiss your balls good bye." I demanded grabbing the syringe off the night stand. The guard shrieked in terror.

"Mr. Guevara is keeping him in his office until his business associate arrives, then he gives the federali to them." He said, in broken English.

"When will his associate arrive?" I asked lowering the syringe slowly.

"Forty-five minutes to an hour." The guard stammered.

"So Guevara sent you to get me?"

"Yes, he wanted me to keep you here until he came for you."

"And that is exactly what you will do." I walked over to my medical bag and pulled out another syringe and filled it with a strong sedative that would have had a horse sleeping for a week.

"Hold him." I told Big John when the guard began to struggle. Big John grabbed the big man and held him in place long enough for me to inject the sedative into the vein in his left arm. When it was done the guard passed out in give or take, two minutes. Big John dragged his body into the walk-in closet and closed the door behind him.

"Are the explosives and emp's in place?" I asked Big John snatching a pair of black jogging pants and t-shirt out of the overnight bag.

"Yeah everything's in place and transportation is secured."  I opened the trunk and pulled out a variety of fire arms passing Big John three guns along with ammunition. I left what I needed on the bed and closed the trunk.

"I need this trunk. You think you can get yourself and it to the boat?" I asked knowing that I was asking a lot.

"Yeah."

"Good, when you and the trunk are safely on the boat and two hundred feet away from the island go ahead and take out the electricity and any other means of transportation off of the island. Oh and remember to stay out of range of the blast for at least fifteen minutes no matter what or it will disable the boat." I explained pressing the remote detonators for the EMP's and the explosives into his hand.

"If I'm not swimming toward the boat in exactly two hours, get the hell out of here and tell my father everything." Big John grabbed me up in a bear hug and let me go.

"I'll see you in two hours." And then he was gone. I headed toward the bathroom and while dressing a plan to get Antonio back began to formulate.