Chapter 11

Around ten, I guided my car into Dimes. An exclusive strip club on Hollandale. In order to get into Dimes you had to have an invite or be a member. I pulled up to the entrance and stepped out of my car. On the way in to the club I tossed my keys to the valet. Inside a topless hostess named Spice greeted me and led me to my regular table. I sat back and took in the scenery. I checked out the other patrons to make sure no shit would jump off with any unseen foes. When satisfied that it would be a nonviolent night I ordered Vodka on the rocks and waited.

I didn't have long to wait, because twenty minutes later, Tiger an informant that I used from my years with the MDPD, pulled out the chair across from me. Tiger was Puerto Rican and in his mid-twenties. I busted him on a narcotics charge that could have landed him in prison doing a ten year bid. I swept the charges under the rug for information on a missing person case I was working at the time. Because of his information, I found the girl before her kidnapper had a chance to inflict on her the same torture he had inflicted on his previous victims. After that Tiger fed me leads on a regular basis, but always for a price.

"Hey Antonio man, you been gone for so long I thought your ass had finally became grass." Tiger said. He signaled a bare breasted waitress over.

"Then who would keep your old lady in Gucci and Louie, for the price you be charging me for info?" I asked.

Tiger slipped a twenty into the waitress's boot and slapped her on the ass and told her to hurry back with his drink. She gave him a wink and sauntered over to the bar.

"Well you know what they say, the best things in life cost like a motherfucker." Tiger replied with an obnoxious laugh.

"So what you know good?" I asked as I eyed a Philippine dancer that hit the stage.

"Not much Antonio, shit has been kind of quiet. It's like the streets are waiting for something big to go down. I can tell you this. My Jamaican connects have been telling me a Female has been asking all the wrong questions, wanting to know all the wrong things." Tiger said.

He leaned back in his chair when the waitress sat his Hennessey and coke down on the table. I waited for the waitress to move on to another table and then asked, "And I need to know this why?"

"She is asking around about some old friends of yours?"

"And which would that be, the Russians, Mexicans, or the Eurasians?" I asked.

I signaled to the waitress to bring me another glass of Vodka.

"The Sons of Change."

With that he had my full attention and he knew it. I had been looking for them since I found out what those tattoo's those guard's sported, the night my sister was taken, stood for. Looking for them had proven impossible. You might as well have been looking for a ghost. Not too many people knew about that organization and those who did pretty much kept it to themselves. What you did not do was go around asking about them, not unless you wanted to be one less person looking for them. This chick must have a death wish.

"The girl, is she still in Jamaica?"

"No, my contact says that she boarded a flight to the Bahamas about a week ago."

This could be the break I've been looking for. This chick and I definitely had to have to a conversation.

"You think you can get me the info I need to track this female down?" I asked.

"I don't know Antonio man, that shit is gonna cost."

"It always cost."

I waved a dancer away from the table with a smile that promised to get at her later.

The Unbreakables (BWHM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें