Chapter 9: Discoveries

Start from the beginning

"Well we wish you the best of luck with your new record! I look forward to hearing it."

With that, Jackson turns off his radio turning back to his boss who is still studying the photo with a hard glare. He leans back against his shelf waiting to see how Tate responds to this. After a moment, Tate straightens up and fixes his jacket before turning to Jackson. 

"Well at least she spoke highly of you." 

Jackson nods his head not saying anything. Cassie didn't have to do that for him. They have only spoken a few times and yet she regarded him as a positive influence in her work. That goes a long way in the industry. 

"She also spoke well of the label." 

Tate nods his head in agreement as he runs his hand through his hair before glancing at the computer again. Jackson following his line of sight. 

"We told him multiple times to keep his indiscretions discrete."

"That seems to be working well" Jackson says in a flat tone. Tate can't help but chuckle at his sarcasm. 

"I don't know what to do... He is highly sought out in the industry."

"He is working his way through your clients. It's bad for the company." 

Tate takes in his word and nods his head in agreement before looking back to his new agent. "Cassie seems to be handling herself extremely well."

"How did you discover her?"

Tate goes to sit down and leans back with a small smile and a glint in his eyes. His eyes dazed as he recalls the memory. Jackson taking his seat again, leaning his elbows on his desk. 

"To be honest, we were sent a video of her singing at a karaoke bar by an anonymous person. She was jittery in the video but her voice was undeniably talented. Their was a letter attached on how to contact her so we met up with her... and the rest is history."

"Anonymous?" Tate nods answering his question.  

"She really has taken the world by storm." Tate shakes his head coming back to the present. His fingers interlocking on his stomach while he leans back in the chair. "Is she on track for her next record?"

"She's slightly behind but I believe she will get caught up."

Tate nods his head standing up to walk out. He turns back one last time looking to the new agent. 

"Tread lightly with her. She is strong but I fear she has more battles that the public... or us don't know about." 

Jackson nods as he leaves. He leans back thinking about his parting words. He has noticed a lot about the artist and fears Tate is right. She seems to be holding everything on her shoulders. One can only do that for so long... 

Glancing at the clock, he feels his own smile tug at his lips. Deciding to be bold, he pulls out his phone. Making a quick text to his date this evening. 

Jax (1:26 PM) Looking forward to seeing you tonight

He waits to see if she responds, after a few minutes he puts his phone back down right as a text comes in. 

Talia (1:34 PM) Me too. C u soon!

The rest of the day flies by. He leaves the office shortly after 5 to make it home. Taking a shower and checking his hair, he gets dressed in casual wear. He texted Talia where to meet due to her not wanting to be picked up. It was a little Italian restaurant that was more relax and not so uptight. He figured Talia would not appreciate a five star restaurant. The restaurant had a lot of personal meaning to him. 

He was surprised when he pulled up to the little restaurant. The famous Luke already parked with no sign of his date. He gets out of his car and instantly sees her. 

Sitting on the steps outside the restaurant, she looks like a vixen

Sitting on the steps outside the restaurant, she looks like a vixen. She has on a green polk-a-dot dress that has a dip in the cleavage. It is thigh length showing off her long bronzed legs. She has on small heeled sandals but what catches his attention the most is her hair. It seems she never likes to wear product. Her hair is in natural waves and her face has minimal makeup. In short terms, she looks hot as hell. 

He walks towards her when her eyes snap to him and a coy smile graces her lips. He stops at her feet and holds out a hand. She bites her lower lip and places her soft palm into his. He helps her up and watches as the evening breezes swirls the end of the dress. She instantly goes to straighten it down. He can't help but his eyes leisurely dance over each curve and dip of her body. She was easily the sexiest woman he has ever met. 

"Talia, it's good to see you." He says leaning forward slowly. His lips pressing to her cheek for a brief moment. He lingers momentarily before pulling back to see her eyes bigger and a pink hue to her cheeks. 

Talia clears her throat before meeting his gaze and leaning forward she mimics his action. His eyes closing savoring her tenderness. He didn't even realize that his hands found their way to her waist. Grasping her hips within his hands as she leans back slowly. Their eyes locking and the world fading away. Her brown eyes hypnotizing him with their caramel depths. He begins to lean forward but their bubble is busted too quickly. 

"Is that my nephew?!"

Nat blinks and attempts to step back but Jax just allows his arm to whine around her waist pinning her to his side as a woman comes down the few steps with arms opened wide. Nat stands their as Jax's aunt throws her arms around them both. Pulling back the short woman looks over Nat while a sincere smile. 

"Oh bella"

Nat smiled at her term of endearment. "Grazie"

Both heads snap to her and the woman continues, "Parli Italiano?" (Do you speak Italian?"

"Conosco un po." (I know a little) Nat says while shrugging. The woman continues beaming at Talia before turning to Jackson. 

"I like her" 

Jackson chuckles as Nat smiles gently. The woman then turns walking away while waving them to follow. Jax stops his little beauty holding her back. Nat looks to him in question as he brings her close leaving an adoring kiss to her forehead. 

"You are incredibly sexy when you speak my native tongue." 

She smirks and leans up to his ear. Her lips brushing the shell of his ear. "Si supieras lo que puedo hacer con mi lengua." (If only you knew what I could do with my tongue.)

Jax groans hearing her Spanish roll of her tongue. She pulls back with a mischievous glint in her eye and a smirk on her lips. She turns and begins walking away. 

Should I tell her I speak Spanish?