Chapter 7

April 4, 2001

Nicki

I've been waiting for Tina to call me back about the trial but she didn't and Nathan is getting pushy.

Yes, Nicki? Tina answered

I need an update. I told her

She got off but don't worry it won't be long before we have a new case. She said

Beyoncé

It feels so good to not have to constantly be monitored and people forcing medicine down my throat. I'm still living with Shawn but I want to get my own place soon.

Beyoncé I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me tonight. Shawn asked

Um sure I guess. I don't really have anything else to do. I told him

Ok well how about we go around eight. He said

Sounds good I'm going to take a nap. I told him before leaving.

I don't like being alone and when I am I find myself seeing Nathan everywhere. Yesterday he was outside of my window, the day before I saw him in the grocery store. He's never doing anything just watching. Sometimes I feel his hands on me when I sleep.

Almost like my dreams feel so real now. It's like I can feel him choking me to death. Telling me that it's my fault that he's dead. Then I wake up to see no one there but the bruises on my neck say otherwise. I walked down the stairs to see if Shawn was still here but the note on the mantle said he left when I went upstairs.

I decided to just leave it alone and make some lunch. As I opened the drawer there it was, the same knife from my apartment covered in my fiancé blood. Was I loosing my mind? I shouldn't be seeing him but here he is standing in front of me.

Come on Giselle let's go home. Nathan said with his hands reached out.

I missed you. I said getting closer.

2 Hours later

Shawn

I've been waiting for Beyonce to get back for awhile now but she still not here yet and we're suppose to be going to dinner tonight. I called everyone and nobody's seen her. I was starting to get worried so I just decided to call her.

Hey Bey it's Shawn again I just wanted to see when you're coming home. I'm starting to worry about you. I said before hanging up.

Have you heard anything? Sierra asked

No. I'm worried something happened because she's never done anything like this. I told her

Did you check the cameras? She asked

No I wanted to give her time. I said

Well you need to check them it's been almost three hours. She yelled and I ran upstairs to get them.

As we watched the footage I realized that someone was in my house all day. There was footage of Beyonce talking to someone but the person was out of the camera frame. It was almost like she saw a ghost but then she went to the person and that was the end of it.

Was anyone here before you left? Sierra asked

No it was just us. I said letting out a sigh of frustration.

In the middle of nowhere...

Nicki

I watched Nathan as he began the same pattern again. I honestly felt bad for Beyonce knowing that nobody was going to find her out here. I just sat there listening to her sob as he continued doing whatever he was doing to her. When it was over I entered the room.

Get her cleaned up and make sure she eats. I'll be back later. Nathan said walking out the door.

Hey Bey come on let's go take a bath. I told her

I want to go back to Shawn's house. I wanna go home. Nicki please take me home. She begged

I'm sorry Bey but I can't. I said helping her in the bath

Why are you doing this? She asked

I can't see my brother broken again. I admitted

I just wanna go home.  She said

Come on you have to eat. I said after she finished getting dressed .