When we get there, I'm not at all surprised to see Jupiter sitting at a table already, and I guide Maddox that way. When we're spotted, her face peels into a large smile. "I almost didn't think you guys were coming."

I roll my eyes, hugging her even though I saw her a few hours ago, "It wasn't my fault. We had some disagreements on wardrobe."

Jupiter waves me off, before sizing up Maddox standing behind me. "Hey, you must be Jupiter, I'm Maddox."

She takes him by surprise by hugging him too, "I kind of assumed that's who you were." Jupiter teases and Maddox cracks a smile. I knew they'd like each other.

I relax into a chair at the table Jupiter picked, "How's Alex?"

She and Maddox take their seats and I try not to smile when I feel his hand brush against my back when he drapes it across the back of my chair. "He's good! Can't say he was too bummed to have the apartment to ourselves the other night," She teases and I roll my eyes.

We've had opposite shifts the past few days, Jupiter taking nights and me taking days, and then the next twenty-four hours it will be reversed. Other than me meeting Alex, we've only seen each other in passing but not for long periods. I caught her earlier in the elevator when I was leaving for Maddox's and she was getting off her shift.

"I'm sure you weren't."

"So Maddox, how is the corporate life treating you?" She asks sipping on her beer that I hadn't noticed yet.

"Plenty busy, I didn't realize that when I agreed to the new position that I'd be signing on for fourteen-hour days. I guess that's a perk of the job that Hayes forgot to mention." He jokes, and I chuckle because I can see Hayes forgetting to add that in.

We've spent quite a bit of time with them the past two weeks since Hayes practically has Sephine under house arrest with the pregnancy. She's going a little stir crazy in more than one way.

Jupiter smiles, showing her bright teeth in contrast with her dark skin. "Just wait until you learn to fall asleep anywhere. It will help you a shit ton when you're so busy you can't sleep."

"I mastered that in college, I just haven't had to do it since then," He smiles as a waitress approaches us.

She bats her eyes at Maddox first, "Hi, I'm Ellie. Can I get you something to eat or drink?"

It's just like in the dress store where he doesn't even realize the effect he has on women. "I'll take a scotch with a splash of water please," He answers winking at me. "Cass, do you want anything?" I'm proud of him for remembering the comment I made at that gala a few weeks back.

I smile politely at her, trying not to laugh when I see her compose herself, "Can I please have water?"

"I'll be right back with that." She nods before walking away, and Jupiter erupts into a fit of giggles.

I know exactly why she's laughing, and I swipe her beer to stifle my laugh. Maddox looks confused at us, "Did I miss something?"

Jupiter shakes her head at him, "Do you even realize what a chick magnet you are?"

"I am not." He raises a questioning eyebrow to me, and I nod still trying not to laugh. The suits he usually wears make him appealing in one way, but the normal clothes he's wearing tonight make Maddox appear more well... normal.

"Look, I've got my guy, and you're with CJ which makes you completely off-limits. If you hadn't asked CJ what she wanted then I highly doubt her water would have even been ordered." Jupiter teases, and I don't disagree at all.