Chapter 1

I tap my foot along to the familiar tick of the clock. Glancing around the quaint café before letting a sweeping sigh. The bell chimes causing me to straighten. I look towards the door a friendly smile spreading across my face. "Hello!" I chirp. "Welcome to Coffee Dreams, what coffee dreams can we fulfill today." I glance down at the customer only to see Rubi.

"Hey," Rubi drawls. "I'm so sorry. I know I probably made you late for school, but I swear I tried to be on time this time." Rubi rambles.

Rubi works with me here at Coffee Dreams. She always has the morning shift right after mine, but every morning she is always late. I end up staying to cover the beginning of her shift until she arrives, making me late for school.

Rubi is a truly kind person which often leads to her to doing favours some of the others who work here and her neighbour Mr. J, as she calls him. Mr. J is quite old and often calls on Rubi to help him out in the mornings. Hence why she is always late.

"It's okay Rubi, I'm just happy you're here." I smile. Rubi smiles back at me as she makes her way behind the counter. "Now off you go. I don't want you to be later than you already are." She shoos me towards the back door with a playful tone and a few light swats to my back.

"You'll be okay right?" I ask.

"I'll be fine! Now go!"

I chuckle scrambling towards the dressing room to collect my belongings.

~

"Bye," I wave to Rubi as I make my way out on to the bustling Toronto streets. I walk down the sidewalk towards the bus stop. Arriving at the small shuttle a take a seat on the bench. I slip my brown canvas bag off my shoulder onto my lap. Unzipping the front pocket, I pull out my phone. Turning on my phone, the familiar wallpaper brightens the once dark screen. A picture of my friends and greets me. *Buzz*. A message takes over a quarter of the screen.

~

♥ Theo ♥

~Hey Iko are you on your way? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Me

Yea Theo, I'm just at the bus stop I'll be there in a few minutes

Has the class started? (^///^)

♥ Theo ♥

Not yet~ get here quick Jas and Dey are bullying me! (┬┬﹏┬┬)

~

I laugh typing out a quick "good luck" before tucking my phone back into my bag. The bus arrives pulling up to the curb of the sidewalk before releasing the familiar hiss. I get up from the bench, sliding my bag back onto my shoulders.

Making my way onto the bus, I throw the bus driver a smile as I slid my card through. He nods giving a smile in return. I walk towards the back of the bus, in hopes of finding an open seat, only to come up empty-handed. I grab a hold of one of the hanging grey straps, gripping it tightly as the bus begins to move.

~

I wave to the bus driver before getting off the nearly deserted bus. I glance around the street as I walk across towards the ever-familiar grey brick building. I walk up the cracking concrete steps towards the looming building. I open the weighted metal door before quickly speed walking past the straggling students, heading towards my locker. I rush to unpack and collect my needed books. Shutting my locker, I speed towards my first class. Softly knocking my fist on the door, I take a moment to catch my fleeting breath.