cнapтer 5 // ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ 2021.09.07

🄸 🄳🄾🄽'🅃 🄺🄽🄾🅆 🅆🄷🄴🄽 🄴🅇🄰🄲🅃🄻🅈 🅆🄰🅂 🅁🅄🄸 🅃🅄🅁🄽🄴🄳 🄸🄽🅃🄾 🄰 🄳🄴🄼🄾🄽 🅂🄾 🄸'🄻🄻 🄹🅄🅂🅃 🄿🅄🅃 🄸🅃 🄰🄵🅃🄴🅁 🄺🄰🄶🄰🅈🄰 🄰🄽🄳 🅁🄴🄰🄳🄴🅁'🅂 🄱🅁🄴🄰🄺 🅄🄿 🄰🄽🄳 🄰🄵🅃🄴🅁 🅃🄷🄴🄸🅁 🄼🄰🅁🅁🄸🄰🄶🄴 🅃🄾 🄼🅄🅉🄰🄽

"What? That wimpy looking boy killed him? Are you fucking sure about that?!" She blurted in disbelief

Her gaze turned blank. She stared at the broken pieces of what used to be a beautiful wind chime. Her thoughts wandered back to the time when the young boy gave it to her.

______
[Flashback]
_______

[Y/N] was pacing back and forth in front of Muzan. She's been scolding him for being so careless even though he could probably handle his self. She's just a worried wife after all.

"So you mean to say, you freaking turned a sickly child into a demon?!" She growled

Muzan rolled his scarlet plum eyes.

"Yes I did." He responded

She angrily snapped at him, "You did what?! You risked your self, walking around while knowing that you're being hunted, just to turn him into like us? Do you know what you did, you idiotic husband?!"

His eyes turned sharp, "Watch your mouth, [Y/N]. You might be my wife but I can clearly kill you, myself."

Her eyes didn't waver, "You might be a demon, my husband but it doesn't mean you can scare me. I'm just looking out for your impulsive ass."

In just a blink of an eye, he was already in front of her. His hand reach her soft pale neck while his eyes were trained sharply at hers.

"Look at this beautiful neck.... I really think that it's a waste to break it." He said

"Go ahead. My life is a mess, anyway." She replied

He snickered upon hearing her statement, "If it's already a mess, don't you think, giving birth to his child is an another mistake to add to the mess of your life?"

A menacing look appeared on his face while glancing at a sleeping child just a few inches away from him.

"How ab---"

Her eyes widened upon sensing the malicious intent, "Don't you dare touch my son!"

She hurriedly pull out her son from the crib and stormed out the room.

"Katsuki, I'm so sorry. I'm so s-sorry for giving you a life like this." She sobbed while hugging her newborn

"You better go home now." A voice emerged from behind

She whipped her head towards it and saw a young boy. His skin that's as white as snow is glimmering under the night sky. He had those noticeable red dots that littered his skin and a spider-like haircut.

"You think so lowly of me young man." She said

He scanned her for some seconds.

"You're a newly turned one right?" He asked

She stared at him in shock.

"How did you know?"

"You're still not quite tough looking. If you were not a newly turned demon, you should have already have that stronger presence."

"My husband just turned me into one a few moments ago. I almost died while giving birth."

"I can see it from that blood stains in your dress."

Her face glowed red. That's right, she forgot to change her clothes and went straight to scold Muzan.

"I guess I did."

He clicked his tongue. For some reasons, instead of slaughtering her, he wants to knock some senses in her brain.

He pull her back inside the mansion grounds.

"Listen here Kibutsuji-san---"

"How did you--?!"

"I'm Rui. I'm the sickly one whom he turned into a demon and I'm sorry for causing you trouble but you also need to recognize his capabilities. A man's ego is not something you just can scratch on, and specially to a person who only wants your recognition."

"Why does he need my recognition?" She asked

"Have you already forgotten about how you cry about your former lover? How you always talk about him? How your eyes sparkle whenever you remember something about him? While he's with you? Do you think my Master can't feel something?" He bombarded her with questions

She was confused, what does he mean?

"But Muzan doesn't feel any emotions. He said it to me himself." She told him

His eyes stared at her own. "Are you really sure about that? How about rummaging through your brain?"

That's all it took for her to realize her big mistake.

Muzan Kibutsuji. He might not be a very affectionate man but he willingly took her with him when she was too broken because of Kagaya. He was there when she's in need of someone. He was there for her even when she's not even asking for his help. Muzan was the one who pacified her during her tantrums and nightmares. He has always been there beside her, supporting her together with his awkward hug and head pats.... Even earlier, he saved her when she was on the brink of death.... but then, instead of thanking him or praising his works all she did was to repay him with rudeness.

Her heart sank at this. She was really wrong. She should have just asked about how day. She should have just served him a good meal. She should have eased his worries and stress and not worsen it.

"Now you're starting to realize it?"

She nodded.

"Good, you must return to him. He needs his family now." He gently smiled

Another nod. Rui pulled out a wind chime from his cloth and handed it to her.

"Think of the present as love. It's beautiful yet fragile. That's why when it's already broken, it's really too hard for it to mend ." He said before disappearing into the darkness

Her lips formed a small smile. Today, she realized something very special and it was thanks to that meddlesome little brat.

_____

[Flashback ends]
_____

ᦔꪮꪀ'𝓽 ᭙ꪮ𝘳𝘳ꪗ [ꪗ/ꪀ] 𝓲'ꪶꪶ ᥴꪮꪑᦔ᥇ꪖᥴ𝘬. 𝓲'ꪑ 𝘴𝓽ꪮꪶꪶ ꪖꪶ𝓲ꪜꫀ 𝘴ꪮ ᭙ꪖ𝓲𝓽 ᠻꪮ𝘳 ꪑꫀ.