cнapтer 4 // ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ 2021.09.05

The female demoness suddenly woke up. An unsettling feeling forced her to open her eyes and made her clutch her chest. She can feel that something's wrong.

She carefully stood up from the bed. Of course, Muzan knows that she's awake and feeling unsettled but he also knew that he should just let her be for a moment.

[Y/N] roamed around the huge mansion, trying to calm the feeling inside her. She went to the kitchen to get a snack before going to the garden to relax.

As she trekked her way to the place, she noticed something or someone missing. It's surely the one she always have in her sight but she can't pinpoint what.

"What the fuck is it?!" She whisper-shouted annoyed

The coldness of early morning blow kissed her skin as the leaves and plants around the vicinity continued to danced. The sky still painted dark and the crowd are still fast asleep. This calmed her a little bit.

[Y/N] nibbled on her dango and wandered her eyes around the area. Her eyes caught the sight of a beautiful wind chime hanging on a tree branch. Once again, the unsettling feeling resurfaced.

Before even reaching the said tree, a strong wind suddenly blew, harshly slapping the plants on the area, including the tree and causing for the wind chime to fall. Her eyes widened at the sight and before she knew, she started picking up the broken item.

Not thinking straight due to panic, she accidentally cut her finger with the glasses. Blood trickled from her wound down to the pieces, making her stop from picking up any longer.

Her garnet eyes widened even more as her hands automatically flew to her mouth. She couldn't bring herself to stand when a strong gut feeling hit her.

"No... Please, not that sweet boy.." Her eyes started to water

She started to sob uncontrollably.

"Wife?" Muzan's voice emerged from the doorstep

"[Y/N]! What happened to you?!" The male demon asked in worry

He helped her stand and embraced her. Something he would only do to her.

"Why are you crying?" He asked again while caressing her hair in attempt of calming his wife

"Rui. Mu-chan, I have a bad feeling about Rui." She sobbed

His eyebrows narrowed at the statement. What about that psycho?

"What is it?"

"He's probably hurt!"

He rolled his eyes. What the hell does that have something to do with him? But of course, that kid is close to her.

"Muzan-sama. [Y/N]-sama." A new voice called out

"Kokushibo." [Y/N] greeted

"What is it?" The male asked

The upper moon one glanced at the first progenitor's wife. She saw his hand clenched.

"Lower moon, rank five, Rui, has been killed by a demon slayer." He blurted out

"MOTHER! MOTHER!"

A disheveled Katsuki entered the scene. Eyes filled with horror as he run towards his mother.

"Mother! Lower Moon Rui's name disappeared from my track!" He said pertaining to his demon art

Muzan's eyes widened at this. His eyes trailed to his wife whose body is now trembling in anger. Her beautiful garnet orbs were painted with bloodlust.

"Who killed him?!" She shouted

"A demon slayer who's wearing a mismatched haori."

W⃦a⃦s⃦ h⃦e⃦ r⃦e⃦a⃦l⃦l⃦y⃦ d⃦e⃦a⃦d⃦ ?