Mistake

"Nightmares end when you see the light." Wei Wuxian said as he looked at the sleeping Jiang Cheng who was wrapped in bandages.

"Wei Wuxian. What happened to uncle?!" Jin Ling asked as he rushed inside the room. "What did you do to my uncle?!" he asked as he glared at Wei Wuxian.

"You brat... I'm your uncle, too! Twice than Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian said. "Tch." He clicked his tongue when Jin Ling rolled his eyes at him. "Why do you always suspect me when Jiang Cheng is in trouble?" he asked.

"Then, why is my uncle injured?!" Jin Ling asked.

"I only brought him home. That's all!" Wei Wuxian said.

Jin Ling suspiciously looked at him before he scoffed. "Then, do you know why my uncle was on edge?" he asked.

Wei Wuxian looked at Jin Ling before he fell silent. "I don't know." He answered.

"You liar! You clearly know something!" Jin Ling said.

It was Wei Wuxian's turn to roll his eyes at him. "Your uncle is just stressed, that's all." He told Jin Ling. "You should find him an aunt." He added as he winked.

"Ugh!" Jin Ling stomped his feet as he walked towards Jiang Cheng's bed. "... is it really time for uncle to get married?" he silently asked.

"Ppt!" Wei Wuxian spat out his tea in surprise. He really believed me! What a naïve brat! He held his mouth to prevent himself from laughing. "Yeah~" he answered.

Jin Ling suspiciously looked at him again. "Really?" he said.

"Yes." Wei Wuxian answered. "So, tomorrow, you should go find some girls to choose as your aunt – " he said and opened the door, only to find Lan Wangji standing outside. "Lan Zhan!" he called as his face brightened. "Did you wait long? Sorry. I'm about to leave – " he said and froze when he saw Lan Xichen silently standing behind Lan Wangji. He didn't notice Lan Xichen behind since Lan Wangji was blocking his sight. (A/N: plus, WWX is now shorter than LWJ after he reincarnated in MXY's body.)

"Wei Wuxian. What's wrong?" Jin Ling asked when he saw Wei Wuxian stood frozen by the doorway. "You said Hanguang-jun was here? You're leaving already? What about my uncle – " he said as he walked towards Wei Wuxian and stopped when he saw Lan Wangji. "Hanguang-jun... and Zewu-jun?!" he exclaimed when he saw Lan Xichen.

"Young master Jin." Lan Xichen called. "How was Wan... sect leader Jiang?" he asked.

"Oh. My uncle's sleeping." Jin Ling answered. "Zewu-jun, what happened to your face?" he asked.

"... I slipped on the floor and fell." Lan Xichen answered. "May I see him?" he asked.

"Huh? Ah. Yes." Jin Ling answered absent-mindedly and watched Lan Xichen entered Jiang Cheng's room, bypassing Wei Wuxian who was standing like a statue on the side. Somehow... the atmosphere seemed strange? He thought and looked at Wei Wuxian. He saw Wei Wuxian's face is dark while Lan Wangji was holding Wei Wuxian's hand tight. Somehow... I felt I've done something wrong. He thought and looked at Lan Xichen who stood beside Jiang Cheng's bed. Huh? He thought when he looked at Lan Xichen's face. Zewu-jun... is crying? He thought as his eyes slowly widened in shock. He felt like he caught something, only for it to slip away. What was it? He thought as he left the room, feeling puzzled.

"Wanyin..." Lan Xichen called as his voice broke at the end. He raised his hand to hold Jiang Cheng, only for it to shake because of his fear. "Can we... start again?" he asked as his tears fell. I beg you... he thought. The pain is killing me... he thought and clutched his chest as he fell on his knees.

"Zewu-jun. How can you be so shameless asking Jiang Cheng something like that?" Wei Wuxian asked when he finally found his voice. He slowly turned to Lan Xichen, his red eyes coldly looking at him. "You're so selfish." He told him, his tone harsh.

Lan Xichen felt a knife was twisting his heart. "Young master Wei..." he called. "I truly love Wanyin." He said.

"If you really love Jiang Cheng, you shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with Lianfangzun!" Wei Wuxian yelled.

Lan Xichen closed his eyes. He wanted to look away, but he knew he can't always run away from his mistakes. "I really love Wanyin." He repeated.

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Xichen in disbelief. "Zewu-jun!" he called, his voice is filled with anger as his eyes started to glow. "Don't you dare say it again!" he said as he marched towards Lan Xichen only for Lan Wangji to finally move and stop him.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji called. "Don't!" he said.

"Do you know how much pain Jiang Cheng has to go through?!" Wei Wuxian asked as the demonic qi in his body started to come out. "His parents died. Shijie died. I died!" he said. "Three times was Jiang Cheng hurt. You, of all people, should know that since you're the one who saved him from the pain. That's why I entrusted him to you before I died!" he told him.

Jiang Cheng and he are childhood friends and as close as brothers. No matter how Jiang Cheng would hide it from it, but seeing Jiang Cheng smiled again, Wei Wuxian knew something was up. And he caught them meeting each other. The look in their eyes can't hide it. However, it's just his wishful thinking.

"You never loved Jiang Cheng." Wei Wuxian said. "How stupid am I to leave him to you? Instead of saving him, you even pushed him to the abyss!" he yelled as he tried to hit Lan Xichen, only for Lan Wangji to pull him back.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji called. "Don't... please don't use demonic cultivation..." he told him and hugged him. His voice was shaking.

Wei Wuxian froze when he felt Lan Wangji's embrace. He didn't notice the demonic qi in his hands. "Lan Zhan... I'm sorry." He said and closed his eyes. His tears fell. "I still can't forgive you, Zewu-jun." he told him before he left. Lan Wangji, worried for him, immediately followed him.

Lan Xichen sat on the floor. His face was twisted in guilt. "Wanyin... I'm sorry..." he said. "I'm sorry..." he cried. Nothing really happened between him and Jin Guangyao. What his mistake is – "I'm sorry... for doubting my feelings towards you..." he said as he cried on his knees. "I've failed you..." he added. Because of a moment of hesitation, he fell in the abyss, and pulled both Jiang Cheng and Jin Guangyao with him. A wrong decision cost three people's life. One died, while the other two lived but their life is filled with pain. 

It was all because of him. It was all his fault. 

(A/N: ugh... I've got stomach problems so I can't eat rice QAQ anyway, I immediately update this after I write so please tell me if you've find some mistakes. - oops. No pun intended with the title. 

P.S.: geez, LXC. -_- can't blame WWX. WWX should've really punched LXC. LWJ, though QAQ the demonic cultivation is such a pain in the ass. LWJ still fears it for WWX.)