Pt10: Invisible✨✨ ✨

~~Being avoided~~

Principal Ellison, just made a big announcement, will it work for me???, I hope so.

"Take deep breath stace, all will go well, literally!".

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
At School, 7:13 pm.
Assembly period.
*Noise, murmurs, and laughter surrounds the arena*

"That's enough, everyone please calm down, principal Ellison says, signaling us to stay calm".

*noises still encircle the surrounding*.

"No more noise! silence everyone", she clamored.

Silence filled the vicinity.

"Alright, she adjusted her suit, Students of Riverton West High, she continued, I'm glad to inform you that Saturday 30th of July will be our fifth prom night/ homecoming dance!".

"Ensure that you have a date or partner to accompany you to the dance unless you'll go single, which will be to your disadvantage as the best couple will be crowned prom king and Queen of R.W.H (Riverton west high)".

"Venue: School Hall, Time: 8:00 pm sharp, be punctual! she giggled as she stepped down the risers.

"Oh!, assembly is now dismissed, go to your various classes students"! principal Ellison declared.

*whisperings from students*

I instantly became dumbfounded, when principal Ellison made that announcement.
I looked around me, the social environment was enthusiastic.

I had reasons why I shouldn't go to prom, few include;

-My scarred arm.
Well, the injury that thing unleashed on my left arm has been healed already but it left a scar there, how will I wear a dress without letting anyone see it, I mean, it's prom for heaven's sake I can't wear a jacket, duh!.
I can't risk my friends or my dad seeing the scar, what will I tell them and will they even believe the story behind the incident? ugh!.

-My date.
I don't know who's gonna ask me to the dance, I'm feeling shy, apprehensive, nervous, and worried, I can't really tell why.

I soliloquized.

Heading to class.
"Hey, people listen up now", Zoey announced.

*students turn to her direction*

What does she want to say now?

"My date to prom is Logan, so if I see anyone close to him, you are gonna deal with ME"!.

I just stared at Zoey, who does she thinks she is, that she has to make decisions for others. I looked at Logan to see if he's perfectly fine with what Zoey said, but he just stayed silent, I could tell he wasn't okay with it, but why is he quiet?. I asked myself.

Everyone gazed at Zoey in disbelief, especially the girls, I was waiting for one to come out and challenge her, but no one came out, not even Wendy, I'm not the only one who has to deal with her I'm I?.