please please read this‼️‼️

my state of victoria, australia has enforced new gag laws preventing survivors and of sexual assault, rape and family violence from using their identity while speaking out about and telling their stories. the only way around this currently is for a victim to get a court order which can be a timely and costly process, in order to use their own name when speaking out online or to the media. AFTER THE PERPETRATOR HAS BEEN FOUND FUCKING GUILTY WHAT. this is stripping victims of their power and protecting criminals. it's never ones choice to be sexually abused, assaulted or raped but they should be able to use their power to speak up.

me myself being a victim of two of those things and still struggling with family violence on a daily basis, i have experienced situations where i've had to call the police because the fights get so overwhelming and terrifying only to be told that they can't do anything about it except call cps which have been involved multiple times yet they do nothing. sexual assault can range from plenty of different situations, in my situation a guy kept on trying to get me to do stuff with him and he kept touching me in places i didn't want to be touched. my mum being a victim of child trafficking, it hurts to see her look at the news papers to see this, not only has she taught me how to avoid this but she has told me multiple times that if anything of the sort was to ever happen to me, i want you to empower others and now i can't even do that.

survivors of these malicious acts have already had so much stripped away from them, it doesn't help that society seems to have this perception of "you probably did something to provoke it" or "stop lying for attention" and now we can't even raise awareness wow.

i am putting a link in my bio which takes you to a petition, please sign.