10 | DANDELIONS

TO YOUR LEFT, Atsumu scrolls on his phone and sips on his iced coffee, shoulders slackened

TO YOUR LEFT, Atsumu scrolls on his phone and sips on his iced coffee, shoulders slackened. He was talkative when he first arrived, cheerfully catching up with Kageyama about volleyball, but he no longer seems to be in the mood to carry the conversation. You hope that the caffeine doesn't make him hyper, though.

To your right, Osamu holds an onigiri close to his mouth. His face is unreadable, as per usual. He hasn't said much since the beginning, but that's Osamu for you—while an unsettling chaos ensues, he's the type to sit back and enjoy the show.

Across from you, Kageyama swirls the strawberry sauce on the plate with his fork. He's probably confused as to what's going on. You are, too.

Taking a bite of the remaining cheesecake, you chew slowly and glimpse at the clock on the wall. An hour has passed since you decided to take a break with Kageyama. You stand and pick up the empty plate on the table.

"Should we get back to running?" you ask Kageyama with urgency. You anxiously drum your fingers against the mahogany tabletop and anticipate his reply. However, before Kageyama can react, Atsumu shakes his head.

"Why are ya leavin' so soon?" he complains, his eyes still glued to the phone screen, "We're having a good time."

Osamu licks his lips and nibbles on his onigiri, deadpan. Similarly, Kageyama chooses not to say anything. They're both not much of conversationalists, except when it comes to volleyball (and food, in Osamu's case). Folding your arms over your chest, you stare in disbelief at the dysfunctional group of boys in front of you.

"We've been sitting in silence for the past ten minutes. What are you even doing, Atsumu?" you inquire, peeking over his shoulder. Ignoring you, he smirks to himself and double taps a picture of a frog wearing a suit and tie. Your eyes widen. Atsumu's browsing through social media, specifically on a page dedicated to frogs dressed in different outfits. He shoos you away and replies, "You wouldn't understand."

You rub your temples.

"That's adorable, but I'm not going to sit here and watch you look at frogs," you say hesitantly and turn to Kageyama, "I'll give you a tour around the town before you have to go."