04 | THE FIGHT

NO ONE FROM the volleyball team usually approaches you other than Atsumu and Osamu, so you're surprised to see the captain, in his uniform, leaning against your locker

NO ONE FROM the volleyball team usually approaches you other than Atsumu and Osamu, so you're surprised to see the captain, in his uniform, leaning against your locker. The school day ended hours ago, but you're still here because of student council duties you had to attend to. Kita stares at you without much emotion and runs his fingers through his hair.

"It's your fault."

Your eyes widen. This is the first time you've talked with him, but it feels like he's already taken a disliking towards you. Normally, you would come up with a retort, but from your best judgement, it's about Atsumu and Osamu. Worriedly, you ask, "What happened?"

Kita sighs and says, "You should see for yourself."

Without any further questions, you follow him towards the gymnasium. There's a silence between you two that you don't dare to break. Kita lets the door to the gymnasium creak open, and you immediately notice that the Miya brothers are on the opposite side of the volleyball court. The nets are still up, but the team isn't practicing; instead, they're trying to separate Atsumu and Osamu. You gnaw the inside of your cheek. The twins are both out of breath and glaring at each other.

Pushing away his teammates, Atsumu scowls, and his balled fist ends up colliding against his brother's cheekbone. You gasp. The volleyball team forcefully pulls Atsumu away and restrains him. Osamu stumbles and falls over the bench, his body jolting backwards like a willow caught in the wind. Your heart sinks at the sight of them. Kita tries to stop you, but you instinctually run over to Osamu.

"If you really like her, then you should show it," Atsumu utters, his eyes darkening. You glare at him, containing your rage, and direct your attention to Osamu. Crouching down, you realize that his cheek is red and swollen from Atsumu's punch. You gently graze your fingers over his cheek.

"Are you okay?" you ask. Osamu nods, and he gracefully picks himself up. He comments, sneering, "Sometimes, you really act like a selfish piece of shit, 'Tsumu."