06 | THE MIX-UP

YOU TRY TO keep a poker face, but you can't help but grin like an idiot

YOU TRY TO keep a poker face, but you can't help but grin like an idiot. Thanks to the "study date" with Atsumu, you manage to ace the test.

Still in disbelief, you admire at the piece of paper in front of you and clutch it into your chest. The teacher continues to call out names of students to pick up their tests in front of the classroom. Squealing, you excitedly kick your feet in the air while sitting in your desk. This garners the attention of other students around you, but you don't care.

"How did ya do?" Osamu asks, raising a brow. You usually sulk to him about your mediocre grades and how indecisive you are when it comes to multiple choice questions, so he's surprised by how you're acting. Atsumu's lips tug upward into an arrogant and suggestive smirk. You ignore Atsumu and shrug.

"Not trying to brag," you say, pointing finger guns at Osamu, "but I might be the next Albert Einstein."

Curious to how he'll reply, you scoot your chair closer to Osamu. He doesn't say anything. You lean against his shoulder and peer up at his face with puppy eyes. Deadpan, Osamu looks back at you and nods.

You playfully punch his arm and complain about how he should bow down to you, but Atsumu grips onto the legs of your chair and drags you closer to him instead. The motion almost lurches you into his lap. You gulp.

Atsumu traces his calloused finger along the side of your face, which heats up and reddens at his touch. He then pushes you back into your seat and pinches your cheek—hard. In response, you wince and scowl at him, hating your body for reacting the way it did. Atsumu laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever seen. You mutter curses about how he's a sadist under your breath.

"You need to treat a lady well, 'Samu," Atsumu tells his brother, "Actually, since she's apparently Albert Einstein, you need to treat this man well."

Lazily, Atsumu ruffles your hair and hangs his arm around your neck. You don't appreciate the ironic juxtaposition between his words and his actions. Rolling your eyes, you try to swat his arm away, but for some reason, there's a part of you that likes this, a part of you that likes the way he teases you.