Part 8

I was in a horse stable, and was stroking a magnificent brown horse, when Seth entered. "Hey. So you like horses, too?"

"Yes."

"Cool. Favorite breed?", he asked. I had no clue why he was smirking.

"Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse. You?",I asked.

"All types, but Estonian Draft is the favorite.", he replied. He took a step forward. "So." There was an awkward silence, and then suddenly, he walked straight to where I was standing, took my hand in his and leaned close to me. He moved close to me, to whisper something in my ear and in doing so, his lips touched mine very softly. I hardly felt it outside, but inside, my cardiovascular system was running at a high rate. 

I woke up and looked around. I was dreaming. Dreaming about Seth. And I barely knew him.

The clock on my bedside table showed 2:00 pm in radium green numbers. Okay. I didn't even know him, and was already dreaming about him? That too in a horse stable? Awesome. I switched on the tube light, careful not to wake Aarya, and went to the washroom.I splashed cold water on my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was a mess, and my skin looked pale because I'd just woken up from sleep. As I put my hands under the basin, I felt something there. A piece of paper. It was taped, and with difficulty I scraped it off, because I was too weak right now to pull off tape. It was a note from Askook. It read:

Dear Courtney and Aarya,

                            I'm not sure if you all will read this, but if you are, then I just wanted to tell you that although I've known you for only a month and a half, it feels like we've been together forever. 

I'd never liked working for Mrs.Russo, but was always scared to tell her that. She seemed a fierce lady. Then you came along, and made me realize that if you did the right thing, no one could ever hurt you. When Courtney mentioned how she hated being with Mrs.Russo, I felt like you were talking from my side. And I decided I'd had enough. Enough of teaching strangers magic. Enough of saying 'yes Mrs.Russo' and enough of living in a cage. My friend, another dragon, helped me escape.  I just want you both to know, that I will always love you for who you are, and although I feel very bad leaving you both alone here, I know that you yourself will figure out a way to escape and not only that, you will also banish Mrs.Russo's reign. I'm sure this sounds like those typical fairy tale fables, but I have faith in you. Thanks for everything you did for me, the times we spent together and talked about random things. Remember how that day we were abusing Mrs.Russo?(sorry Aarya, I know you love her and all, but yeah)Haha. I'll miss you both. 

Yours forever,

Askook.

P.S.: You might be wondering how I wrote this. Well, I have a human friend, and she jotted down all this for me and taped it where you found it.

I finished reading the letter and it got tears to my eyes. At least there was someone here, besides FizzFire, who didn't think of me as a desire.

-----------------------------------

comment,vote,fan. thnks! =D