Part 17

<<< Its been so long, so im straight gonna get to the stroy =D nd dont forget to read We date for seven months, and then you tell me your a ninja?! =D >>>

It was 7:00 o' clock in the evening, and I was sitting outside the cave, fumbling with the stones. I was all alone. After the previous encounter, I hadn't been able to face either of the two. So I ended up here, all lonely and stuff. 

A vulture flew over me. The screeching sound it made, made me want to jump.

The sky had already started becoming dark. If we hadn't fought, I would probably be seeing the sight Belinda was talking about with her. 

The starts began to peep out, slowly and one by one. They were looking so pretty, in the bosom of the navy blue sky, that I almost wanted to cry.

As I was staring at the vast strecth of beautiful scenery ahead of me, I closed my eyes. Almost immediately, I heard a rustle and felt someone come and sit beside me. It was Belinda, I guessed because Askook would have caused much more disturbance if it was him.

"Serene, eh?" Belinda asked.

I gave a very slight nod, unsure whether to respond or not.

For a few moments, both of remained silent. My eyes were still closed. Finally Belinda said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have intervened like that! It was your business, and I totally understand."

"No, Belinda I'm sorry. I was just frustrated, and I took it all out on you. I'm really sorry," my eyes snapped open as I apologised.

"Oh hun, I know. It's been really difficult for you, loosing Mr. and Mrs. Leon, ending up in Sister Amanda's orphanage, and being adopted by Mrs.Russo."

"Yes, but I'm fine now, than-" I stopped dead in my tracks. How did she know my orphanage's name? How did she know my last name? Except me and Aarya, nobody had known it, except ofcourse the orphanage people.

Open mouthed, I started asking her how she knew my last name, but she interrupted me.

"Hey! Here comes the sight!" she said, pointing towards the sky.

I followed her gaze and looked up.

Oh. My. Good. Lord. What I saw before me was simply.....amazing! 

The sky had already been filled with bright stars, and now slowly emerging from I don't know where, I saw paper lanterns. Hundreds of them, all lit. They illumintaed the sky, and it was just beautiful. One by one, each lantern rose higher up in the sky and when it was high enough, it disappeared. There were a thousand lanterns by now, and I just sat there dumbstruck. 

Belinda clutched my arm. Her mouth, too, was hanging open. I broke away from my trance and asked her, "Why are you surprised, you are habituated to this, ain't you?"

"Yes, but everytime I see it, I'm awestruck. Isn't it wonderful?"

"Oh my Golly, yes! I love it!"

I watched more lanterns replacing the ones that had already begun disappearing. They just rose up in the air, with so much grace. From far away, the sky looked like a cookie, the lanterns representing chocolate chips, and the dark blue layer representing the biscuit.

After a few minutes, I noticed that the lanterns stopped appearing and the ones there in the sky started disappearing.

"Belinda, this is so beautiful," I whispered.

"It's almost over now!", she said. It was true. I watched the last of the lanterns disappearing and then all was gone. The sky was just as it had been before, and only the stars were seen.