Promise (Request)

"Just go away, Boscha."

"Oh? Has Miss Leaf-Licker finally grown a backbone?"

"I just want to be left alone." The sound of shuffling dirt stopped as Willow sat down with a huff, taking her place on the chilled, stone steps of the school's entrance. She stared down at the ground, determined to avoid making eye contact with one of Boscha's three. Her body curled into itself, no-one was there to help her, Gus and Luz were nowhere to be found. Great...

"Did you forget? You're our new target for practice." Boscha laughed in pride, daring to step closer to the raven-haired witch, her entourage of goons following closely behind her. The horns of her Grudgby uniform poked out threateningly, her sneer spitting with a wave of poison behind it. Her shadow loomed over the poor girl, but she simply flicked her wrist and tossed the ball towards her, staring with a sickening bliss as it collided with her head. "So come on four-eyes, step to it."

"Ow, I-I said go away, all of you."

"I don't think I will." Now she was going to take it to the next level. Boscha picked up the hard ball once more, playfully passing it between her hands with a twisted giggle. They had a promise, and she was going to make sure that she stuck to it- one way or another. With every step back, her anticipation only grew and she stared at the witch head-on. "We had a deal, no going back on that."

Willow watched in absolute horror as the ball was raised over Boscha's head, already knowing what was coming. Despite that, she couldn't move. She was frozen in place. A whisper in the wind was all she needed to solidify her fate. Most would have jumped, ducked, or ran- but not her. All she did was close her eyes, awaiting the sudden collision with a thudding heart.

"Abomination, rise!"

Out of nowhere, a knight in gooey armour rose from the ground, the light around it shining like a great god had sent it to protect her. Willow cracked her eyes open just in time to see Boscha's shocked expression, a dark figure stood before her, fists clenched and stance rigid. The plant witch wanted to hug her hero, her saviour... Amity?

Just in the nick of time, the prodigy snapped her fingers with a scowl plastered on her face, her fists curled into tight balls. Amity would be lying if she said that she was surprised at her old friend, but the truth was... she wasn't. Digging her heels into the dirt, she stared down the bully with an intense expression, her lips pursed tightly. Her eyes dared Boscha to make another move, a challenge that she wouldn't back down from. "Seriously Boscha? Don't you have something more productive to do?"

"If it isn't the backstabber, or would you prefer fraud? Either way, I'll have you know that I was doing something productive: I was practicing my aim." Boscha gave her former ally a snide scowl, her anger already sparking within her chest. This witch was the same witch who left her in the dust. If there was one thing she knew about Amity, is that she picks and chooses whoever suits her best. "I see you're sticking up for your new friend, well... whatever she is. Did you choose her this time, or did mommy and daddy pick for you?"

"Boscha we both know why you're upset. You're upset because you weren't MY first choice."

Ouch. Amity delivered her return with such a cold exterior and such a harsh tone, that even Willow had to feel bad for Boscha in that moment. Even then, she couldn't deny that there was truth behind her ex-best friend's words. There had to be a reason as to why the pink-haired witch was so bitter. "A-Amity?"

"Now, leave her be, move on with your life." Amity took the ball from her Abomination's hands, gently rolling it back to her old friend across the open space. Maybe one day they could be friends again, but at the moment their chances were very slim. The prodigy didn't see much of a kind future between her and Boscha, or with any of her old group really. She just wasn't the person they knew anymore. "I don't want to fight, I just want you to leave Willow alone."