“Tired,” I yawn.

“Well if those boys keep you up, just shout for me and I’ll get them out.” She winks at me as a round faced boy with brown hair enters the room, and it takes me a moment to remember he’s Neville. I smile tiredly at him and he sits down.

“Hey Emily, how’re you?” he asks.

“Well, I’ve been better.”

“Yeah, I suppose that’s true. Here, I brought you some flowers. I didn’t know what you like, so I brought you a little of everything,” he says, setting down some flowers that I didn’t notice he had.

“Oh, thanks,” I say, staring at them. They’re very pretty, a multitude of colors, all with a pretty yellow center….

“Emily,” Neville says gently, reminding me he’s there.

“Oh, sorry Neville, it’s my…”I trail off, trying to remember why I’m like this.

“Your medicine.” Neville finishes for me.

“Yeah, that word. So why did Zan scream when she got out there?” Neville chuckles lightly.

“She just nearly got trampled by Oliver who is waiting out there. She got to wait in here for you to wake up since she got here first, and Oliver was really worried, he’s interrogating her on your health as we speak.” I smile at that, flattered by his concern. “Speaking of which, I guess it’s my turn to get out of here. Feel better Emily.” He squeezes my hand and gets up to leave.

“Bye Neville,” I mumble, setting my head back on the pillow. I’ve only talked to two people, and I’m already tired. This is going to be a long weekend.

Through the door I see a familiar seventh year poke his head through the door. “Hey,” he says, approaching me with the most concerned look I’ve ever seen on his face.

“Hey,” I reply.

“I know you’re probably tired of hearing this by now, but how are you? Really?”

“I’m fi-” I begin to say, but stop when I think about it. “I’m really tired, and I can’t think very straight,” I admit to him. He takes my hand and starts playing with my fingers before saying anything else.

“I’m sorry.”

“Me too. I can’t believe I’m missing my first quidditch game, my team must be so bummed.” He smiles down at me, slightly amused.

“Of course you think of others when you’re hospitalized.” He shakes his head in mock disappointment.

“Hey, you’re supposed to be nice to sick people,” I complain.

“Sorry,” he says with a quick smile.

“So, are you going to bail out on me like Zan did? She left after under five minutes of me talking to her.” He laughs and responds.

“No, I thought I’d hang around for a while. Unless you want to me to go?” His tone changes to worried at the end.

“NO! No, please stay,” I laugh. “Although, I’m not going to be much company,” I continue around a yawn. He smiles down at me again.

“That’s okay; I might clock out on you too. I was up really late studying last night.” We continue to talk for a while before I start to fall asleep. Just before I’m completely gone I feel his lips press to my forehead. “Feel better,” he murmurs. I smile one last time, he acts just like Jake would. My brother is the last thing I think of before I black out.

I wake up slowly and roll over. I glance up to see Draco writing something on paper, then looking in a textbook and writing another thing on the paper. “Hey,” I say my voice cracking. I sit up and take a drink from the glass of water sitting beside my bed.

“Hey,” he says, glancing up from his paper before returning to his work. I look at the tittle of the textbook.

“Defense against the dark arts assignment?” I ask.

“Yeah, something on werewolves,” he replies.

“So, do I want to know how the game went?” I ask cautiously.

“Probably not.” I grimace.

“That bad?”

“320 to 30.”

“Ouch.” He laughs harshly.

“That’s an understatement. But the game doesn’t matter. What’s wrong with you?” He asks, concern flitting in his eyes before returning back into the emotionless mask.

“I guess I’m allergic to pumpkins.”

He snorts.

“Of course you are. But did you know that Flint is out for your head?”

“Why?” I ask him, not really caring what Flint thinks.

“You didn’t show up to the game,” he informs me. “That messed us up, or so he says.” I roll my eyes.

“Whatever, it’s not really my fault I nearly died this morning.” Draco’s eyes widen.

“It was that bad?” he asks.

“Uh, no. That was an exaggeration.” I say, slightly bewildered.

“Oh.” Madam Pomfrey come out then, and shoos Draco away, insisting I needed rest. I lay back down, feeling as if this was the longest day of my life.

I can’t help but feel exceedingly guilty about our loss, because I wasn’t there to play. It’s not because of Flint, I care nothing about his opinion, but my team was really looking up to me to see me perform well. I roll over and try to not let the guilt that’s eating away at me keep me from sleeping, but eventually the medicine kicks in and lets me drift off, to a restful place where thinking isn’t necessary.