Season 3 - Suzie-Poo & Dusty-Bun

Start from the beginning

"I'm- I'm- I'm not!" He said, glaring at me as I looked away, "I'm not. I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real."

I sank into my seat, fiddling with my thumbs.

"Left," Dustin announced suddenly, "Turn left."

Steve looked to the left, "There's not a road here."

"Turn left now!"

"Jesus!" Steve said, turning the wheel sharply, "Hang on!"

We all swung to the side of the car due to the sharp turn, all hanging onto the side for support. Erica screamed and clutched my arm as I gripped the back of Robin's seat, feeling as if we were on a roller coaster.

"Whoa!" Steve yelled as the car flew onto a grass clearing, "Henderson, where are we going!?"

"Up!" Dustin yelled back as if that explained everything. In front of us was a large hill, and I suddenly remember where we were.

Steve pressed on the gas as we reached the base of the hill and began going up.

"Steve, we're not gonna make it!" I yelled, falling back into my seat as the hill became steeper.

"Yes, we are!" Steve yelled back, "Come on, baby. Come on, baby!"

We went higher up the hill until we reached a patch of gravel and the car stopped. Steve hit the steering wheel and kept holding onto the pedal, but the engine only strained.

"Come on!" Steve said through clenched teeth, "Come on!"

"Guess the Toddfather has its limitations," Robin said, turning her head to Steve.

Steve rolled his eyes at her before he cut the engine and we all got out of the car. We began heading toward the top, going as fast as we could while still trying to make sure we didn't trip on anything in the dark.

As we reached the top, despite the situation, I couldn't help looking at the sky. It was a clear night with only a few clouds, and the moon shone brightly.

"(Y/n)," Dustin called over to me, "Turn Cerebro on while I get set up."

I nodded and headed over to the machine. I dropped down and fiddled with some buttons as Dustin had only days ago, smiling to myself as it lit up.

"All right, it's ready," I said, walking over to my brother. He was on the ground next to the radio with the others, holding up the microphone, "Try contacting Murray."

"Bald Eagle, do you copy?" Dustin said, pushing the button and saying Murray's code name as I stood beside Steve and Robin, right behind Erica, "Bald Eagle, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy?"

"Yes, I copy," Murray's bored voice rang back over the speakers. We all looked at each other, smiling, and shared laughs of relief that we were able to reach him, Joyce and Hopper down in the Russian base.

"Call sign?" Dustin asked.

There was a moment of silence before Murray's resigned voice came on, "...Bald Eagle."

"Please repeat," I said with a sly grin, crouching down and snatching the mic from Dustin.

"Bald Eagle!" Murray practically yelled, "This is Bald Eagle!"

"Copy that," Dustin said, taking the microphone back as I laughed to myself, "Good to hear your voice, Bald Eagle. What's your 20?"

"We reached the vent," Murray said, "I'll contact you when I need you. Until then, silence."

"Roger that, Bald Eagle," Dustin said, "This is Scoops Tropp, going radio silent. 10-10, over."

Dustin turned the microphone off and swelled in pride when Steve patted his back. I crossed my arms and stared down at my brother.