Season 2 - Mad Max

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!" Dustin yelled from the hall. I rolled my eyes from where I saw on my bed, doing my homework. I chewed the back of my pencil, going to write something down when the door flew open.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I said, annoyed, when I saw Dustin standing there.

"Do you have any quarters?" Dustin asked, flying into my room and beginning to search through some of my drawers.

"Hey!" I shrieked, throwing my pencil at my brother. The noise I made scared Mews who was sprawled across some of my papers. He meowed and hissed at Dustin.

"It's an emergency, (Y/n)!" Dustin yelled, throwing my pencil back at me. It nearly hit Mews, making him jump off my bed and run out the door.

"Watch it, dipshit," I said, attempting to kick him when he got close. He dodged me and dropped to the floor, reaching his arms underneath of it.

"Aha!" He exclaimed, pulling out a couple quarters and a tampon. It wasn't used, but it was out of its package. He made a face at me. "Ew..."

"Well, that's what you get for snooping in my room!" I said with a scowl. "Now, go get my cat and leave!"

Dustin left and came back, practically throwing Mews through the door.

"Dustin!" I groaned when he left the door open and Mews ran back out. I huffed and jumped off my bed, going in the direction that my cat had gone. When I got to the living room, Dustin was practically throwing the pillows off of the couch and Mews was in my mother's arms who sat in her chair.

"Another stupid penny!" Dustin announced, throwing it onto the ground. I stood at the doorway, watching, my arms crossed and my face unimpressed. "Can I please check under your cushions?"

"Dusty," Mom warned, giving him a look.

"Mom, please?" Dustin begged. I scoffed to which he glared. "It's an emergency!"

"He said the same thing to me, so I wouldn't buy it-"

My mother cut me off with a mocking moan, and Dustin returned. She got up, Mews still in her arms, while Dustin searched under the pillow. He triumphantly held up two more quarters and raced to his room.

"Love you, Mom," he said as he pushed his way past me. I gave an annoyed look to my mother as she sat back down, Mews being squished between her arms and her bosom. He looked at me, scared, and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"That's what you get for running away," I scolded, leaving my cat to be tormented by my mother.

"Lucas, you copy?" I heard Dustin say from his room as I went to mine. Our bedrooms were right across the hall from each other, separated by about four feet. Not the best when your brother is constantly talking with his friends on his walkie talkie.

"I've got four quarters, what's your haul?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five," Lucas answered smugly through the machine. I remembered that the boys were heading over to the arcade tonight.

"How?" Dustin said in disbelief. I laughed a little as I walked past his open door, going over to my piggy bank.

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn."

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" I shook out some coins from my stash and counted out four dollars in quarters, piling them in my hand and walking back to Dustin's room.

"Just call Mike already," Lucas ordered.

"You call Mike," Dustin whined. He was propped up against his bed, his walkie talkie in his lap and his headset over his ears.