Season 3 - Mind Flayer Pt.2

Steve, Dustin, Robin, Erica and I ran across the mall floor toward the escalators where our friends were coming down, just as eager to see us as we were to them. Eleven and Mike came down first, her arm draped over his shoulders and using his body for support as she limped on one leg.

As we got closer, I realized that we were right in front of the Gap. I glanced at it guiltily, wondering if I still had my job there.

"You flung that thing like a hot wheel!" Dustin laughed, running up to Eleven and Mike and hugging them gratefully.

"Hi!" I grinned, bringing Jonathan and Nancy into a hug. They hugged back, each wrapping an arm around me, "God, what a day it's been."

"Tell me about it," Jonathan said, rolling his eyes. I pulled away, furrowing my eyebrows, wondering what he meant.

"Lucas?" I heard Erica say, making me turn my head to where she stood in front of her brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas sneered.

"Ask them," Erica said, pointing to Robin, Steve and I, "It's their fault."

"True, yeah," I nodded, scratching the back of my neck.

"Totally true," Steve agreed, placing a hand on my back making shivers run up it, "It's absolutely our fault."

"I don't understand what happened to that car," Robin bursted in, her eyes darting back and forth while Nancy eyed Steve's hand.

"El has superpowers," Dustin explained shortly.

Her eyes went wide, "I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers," I said, "She threw it with her mind."

"C'mon, catch up," Steve added.

"That's El?" Erica asked, pointing at Eleven with her eyes wide.

"Who's El?" Robin pressed.

"I'm sorry," Nancy butted in, staring at Robin, "Who are you?"

"I'm Robin - I work with Steve."

"She helped crack the top secret code," Dustin said.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place," Steve said.

Jonathan scoffed, "Russian? Wait, what Russians?"

I pointed at the men on the ground, "The Russians!"

"Those were Russians?" Max said, eyes big.

"Some of them," Erica nodded.

"What are you talking about!?" Lucas cried.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asked him.

"Yeah," Mike spat, "And I couldn't understand half of what you were saying!"

"Goddamn low battery," Dustin grumbled.

Steve clicked his tongue, "How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?"

"Okay, well, everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?"

"Worked out?" Erica scoffed, "We almost died!"

Dustin put his hands on his hips, "Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

"It was pretty damn close," I pointed out, raising my eyebrows.

"Okay," Lucas stopped us, "Russians? As in they're working for the Russian government?"

"What are you not comprehending?" Dustin said, "Am I not speaking English? We have a full-blown Red Dawn situation."