Season 1 - Waffles

The next morning, Saturday, getting on our bikes was the first thing that Dustin and I did. We went to Mike's house, and came through the basement door, ready to do whatever we could to find Eleven.

"I just..." Mike was pacing when we came in and immediately began ranting to us. "I can't believe she didn't come back."

"She's gotta be close," I said, briefly glancing at El's fort which had been destroyed. I leaned against the wall next to my brother.

"She said it wasn't safe," Mike continued. "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't 'betray' us."

"Mike, calm down," Dustin said, standing in front of his friend.

"I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that."

"This isn't your fault, Mike," I sighed. It broke my heart to see the boy tearing himself apart over something out of his control.

"Yeah, it's Lucas'."

Dustin rolled his eyes. "It wasn't his fault, either."

Mike stopped pacing and stared at Dustin. "It wasn't his fault?"

"No."

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?"

"Totally, but so were you!"

"What?" Mike snapped.

"And so was Eleven," I chimed in.

"Oh, give me a break!" Mike cried.

"No, Mike, you give us a break!" Dustin said. "All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes! Me and (Y/n) were the only reasonable ones. But the bottom line is, you pushed first. And you know the rule; you draw first blood-"

"No!" Mike shouted. I was confused by whatever rule they were talking about. "No way! I am not shaking his hand."

"You're shaking his hand!" Dustin yelled back.

"No, I'm not."

"This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law. Obey or be banished from the party. Do you wanna be banished?"

Mike rolled his eyes and replied with a stubborn "No."

"Good," Dustin said before walking over to his jacket, beginning to put it on.

"Where are we going?" Mike said.

"Where do you think?"

I looked at my brother and swallowed, not thinking this was such a good idea anymore. "We're going to get Lucas."

"And then we're gonna find Eleven," Dustin finished, throwing Mike's bag at him.

The bike ride to Lucas' felt long and tense. None of us spoke, only looking at each other occasionally to make sure we were all together. As we pulled into the driveway, I noticed that there were no cars. He was home alone.
Dustin was the one to ring the doorbell as Mike stood beside him, fists clenched. I waited at the bottom of the stairs, deciding it would be best to not get too involved.

"What do you want?" Lucas spat when he opened the door. When Mike was silent, Dustin whacked his arm with his hand.

Mike sighed. "I drew first blood, so..." He stuck out his hand to his friend.

Lucas looked down to Mike's hand and then back to Mike with a frown. He shook his head and walked back inside. When none of us moved, he turned around and raised his eyebrows at us.

"Are you coming or what?"

The Sinclair's house was very modern, and Lucas led us straight to the living room. I sat in an armchair and watched as Lucas laced back and forth in front of the other two.