❤️ Chapter Sixteen ❤️

The ropes dug into my skin, and I winced as I tried to get out of the hold. The wooden chair I was sitting on was beginning to feel very uncomfortable against my butt bone. I stared blankly at the man leaning against the wall. Through the eyeholes in his mask, could make out dark green eyes. He was Buck. At Least, that's what the other man called him. He's been standing there for the past three minutes, quietly watching me. He isn't the leader. No, the other one is.The one who pointed his gun at me.

Buck's gun was holstered, but he kept his right hand on it, just in case I tried something. Not that there was much to try. My hands are tied behind my back in an impossible knot and my feet are tied to the legs of the chair. There's duck tape over my mouth. I couldn't run, scream, or defend myself. I'm sure Anthony's in the same position wherever he is. I made a muffled sound, trying to clear my throat.

Buck cocked his head to side.

"What's your name?"

I stared back at him, silently. Is he mocking me? Instead of trying to throw a hurd of curses at him, I looked around the room. We're still in my living room. They moved my couch out the way and placed my chair in the center of the room after tying me up and then they dragged an unconscious Anthony away.

Buck chuckled. "Cat got your tongue?"

I was conjuring up some serious visuals in my head, all of them ending with him dead and me being the one standing over his body.

He walked over to me and I kept my gaze level with his and he crouched down in front of me.

"Scream and I will cut it out of you're mouth."

I just blinked.

He slowly peeled the tape from my mouth. My tongue darted out and I moistened my lips. And then I started to scream.

"ANTHONY!"

I gasped as the chair fell over to the side due to the impact of the back of his hand striking my face.

"What did I say?!" He growled, grabbing my by my hair and using it to sit the chair upright.

I grunted at the pain and tried to scream again, but his other hand clamped down over my mouth.

"Stupid bitch," he muttered, pulling switchblade out from his pocket. My eyes widened. "I always keep to my word."

"No, no, no," I said, my words muffled against his palm.

He paused, his eyes meeting mine before slowly moving his hand away. "What was that?"

"I won't scream. I promise, I won't scream."

He nodded once. "Good girl."

"Roxanne," I said lowly, dropping my head. "My name is Roxanne."

"Roxanne," he tried. I picked up on the way he said it. I wasn't sure what kind of accent he had. Maybe Italian? "Okay, Roxanne. Tell me, what's a girl like you doing with a guy like Dante?"

I scrunched up my face in confusion. "Who?"

He paused and I could see his eyes narrow. "You're boyfriend."

"Anthony?"

He stayed like that for a moment before he burst out laughing. I borrowed my eyes and watched him in confusion. What the fuck is going on? He leaned back and closed his eyes, as if he were trying to compose himself. After letting out a couple more chuckles, he cleared his throat and stood up.

"Right. Anthony," he chuckled and shook his head. "What're you doing with a guy like that?"

I wanted to ask him about why he said Dante and why he laughed when I'd said Anthony's name, but I knew better. So I shrugged it off and answered him.