❤️ One ❤️

A/N: I know it's been a while. So we'll save the long speech for later. Enjoy :D

**************************

"How long's it been?" I glance over my shoulder at Symone who was eyeing me. I knew what she was talking about, but I didn't want to talk about it. Hell, I didn't want to think about it. Instead of answering, I held a shirt up in front of me and asked for her opinion. "It looks nice. If you don't want to talk about it, just say so."

"I don't want to talk about it," I mutter, hoping she'll leave it at that.

Of course, she didn't.

"You have to talk about it!" She cried, eyes widening. She took me by my shoulders and shook me. "You didn't tell me much of anything!"

That was true. All I told her was that it was done. That's it. Maybe I wasn't planning on telling her anything. Maybe I was hoping to avoid the subject forever. Maybe I could move on. Which, apparently, isn't even as easy as it seems. I shook my head and sighed, plaing the shirt back on the rack.

"Symone, drop it, okay? I don't want to have this conversation."

"Well, God, Roxie! If I knew what was going on, I'd know why it's so bad that I can't even say his name." She threw her hands up in the air. Shaking her head, she walked off into the other direction and began lookig through some jeans.

Maybe she's right. I should tell her everything. I should tell her about Vincent, and about Anthony and about...Alex. I'm just as bad as Anthony. I've known about Alex being Symone's sister for months now and I still haven't said a word. What does that make me? A bad friend? A liar? Symone keeps asking what happened. Why did me and Anthony suddenly stop talking? Why did we suddenly stop hanging out? Did he have a girlfriend on the side? Did he hurt me? All the questions she asked me, and I still couldn't find a way to answer one of them.

It's been three months since I last spoke to him. Since I last saw him. His mother told me he moved in with his uncle for a little while and that he goes to school near there too. I don't know why I asked her. I just...I needed to know. After he hadn't come to school for a week, I got worried. Then I found out why. Honestly, I didn't kow what to expect. I don't know if what he did was to stop me from hurting...or him.

"Symone, wait!" I called, walking over to her. She glaned up at me, an eyebrow raised. Crossing her arms over her chest, she stared me down, waiting for me to speak. I sighed and looked down at me feet. "Anthony and me...we broke up. He was keeping secrets from me. And he wasn't the guy I thought he was."

"Secrets like what?" She asked, not lightening up.

I couldn't tell her. Not yet. I need to lie. "I found out he was still in love with his ex girlfriend, Alex. And that he was still seeing her."

I wasn't even sure if that was a lie or not. Maybe a part of him still loved her. I didn't even want to think about that. Symone's eyes softened and she wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close. I pushed her away, not interested in the sympathetic hug.

"Aww, Roxie." She said, sounding concerned. "Had I known earlier, that Alex bitch would have gotten a package of his balls sent to her house."

I laughed. At least I could still depend on her humor.

"No," I shook my head, pulling away. "No, that's okay."

She bit her lip. "You know what I think? I think you should go find that Alex bitch and finally know everything. Just hear it all and then maybe you'll be able to move on."

Though it wouldn't help with the moving on process, she might actually be right. I should talk to Alex. Maybe she's heard from him. I at least want to just know if he's okay. He hasn't called once. I tried calling but the phone's been disconnected. I didn't want to ask his mom for the number, so I left it. But Symone's right. I need to talk to Alex.