56: Take Care of Her

Start from the beginning

I winced in embarrassment thinking of what just happened earlier. I woke Jungkook up from his sleep just to help me to go to the bathroom. He must be thinking why I took a long time in there. Did he hear anything? Did he smell something? Gosh, that was so embarrassing!

Hopefully he will not mention anything about this to anyone. I will be dead if he tells someone about this.

❤❤❤

I woke up in the morning with no presence of Jungkook beside me. I moved my hand to the side and I could not feel him there. What time is it now? Did he wake up early today?

While I was wondering where he went to, the door of my bedroom is opened from outside.

"Ms Park, good morning. Rise and shine!", I saw the face of Hyeri, a nurse that Jungkook hired to be my helper for things he cannot do for me.

I smiled at her as she pulled aside the blanket that covered me before preparing the wheelchair beside the bed.

"Let's get you to the bathroom. Do you want to take a shower or just brush your teeth first?", she asked me as she slowly carried me to sit on the wheelchair.

"I'll do both, unnie.", I said before she froze in front of me.

She crossed her arms as if she is not satisfied with something.

"I told you not to call me unnie. Mr Jeon will scold me if he knows you treat me like a friend, Ms Park.", she said but I giggled at her.

Jungkook will not scold her. I will scold him back if he ever scold Hyeri.

"Speaking of him, do you know where he is, unnie?", she shook her head feeling defeated that I still stubborn to call her that way.

"He's in the kitchen. Making breakfast for you, he said.", she told me as we entered the bathroom.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

When I entered the apartment, I saw Chaeyoung's grumpy face while Hyeri wore a blank expression looking at me.

"Uh..Ms Lee, I'm sorry I came home late. My dad made me follow him with his client for a dinner. You can go home now if your work is done.", I told her as I walked towards them at the sofa with a plastic bag in my hand.

Hyeri hugged Chaeyoung and said goodbye to her before she stood up and approached me.

"Chaeyoung said she wanted ice cream.", she whispered to me before I said I already bought it for her. "She wanted it three hours ago and you didn't say anything. She seems mad.", Hyeri added before she excused herself to go home.

I took a deep breath before I went to sit on the sofa next to Chaeyoung. She had been looking at the TV since I got here. Her pouty lips made it clear that she is mad with me.

I slowly took out the Cookies & Cream flavored ice cream from the plastic bag and put it on my lap.

"I'm sorry I didn't reply to your text. My dad called me for a sudden meeting.", I tried to explain myself to her but she did not respond to it.

"I bought the ice cream you wanted to eat. We better eat it before it melts.", I said as I showed the ice cream bucket in front of her moody face.

I waited for her reaction but she stayed quiet. Because of that, I thought of another way to get her attention. I put the bucket on her lap making her stirred to the sudden coldness she felt.

"That's not funny!", she said as she put the bucket back into my hand.

I saw her glare at me but I just smiled at it not feeling affected with it.

"If you don't want it, I'll eat it all by myself. Can I?", I threatened her as I purposely made a sound when I opened the cover of the ice cream bucket.

"Ooh, there's only one spoon and it says who gets it can eat the ice cream.", again I purposely said as I showed the spoon for the ice cream at her.

She did not budge at all with those threats so I figured what I can do to get her attention on me. I got up from the sofa and went in front of her sitting on the coffee table blocking her view to the TV. With a smile, I scooped a spoonful of ice cream using the ice cream spoon and shoved the ice cream into my mouth with pleasure.

"Mhmm...delicious! The cookie is so crunchy and the vanilla taste is sooo good!!", I said as I munched the cookie in my mouth with a happy face.

She frowned at my action before I saw her hand going to snatch the bucket from me. But, I was quicker for sure. I moved the bucket away far from her reach on purpose.

"It's mine.", I said while trying to provoke her to say something to me.

I knew she is annoyed with me now. But, it was alright as long as she still talk to me.

"I was the one telling you to buy it though. It should be mine.", she replied in a low and sad tone.

Now, I got her talking and looking at me.

"I can give it to you...only if you forgive me for coming back late. I didn't mean to do that. My dad wanted me to follow him, I'm sorry..."

"Okay, I forgive you.", it was too fast as she cut me off.

I chuckled at her as she extended her hand at me wanting me to give her the ice cream.

"I said I forgive you, Jungkook.", she said again to me.

I smiled before I gave her the ice cream making her face lit up with happiness. As she started to dig it in, I watched her feeling contented that she finally brought back her happy face for me to view it. I wondered if her happy face and cute acts were the reason I fell for her.

"Thank you, Kookie.", she said in which made me frowned a bit.

"Kookie?", I asked her.

She froze for a second as if she just made a mistake.

"I mean...thank you...Jungkook.", she corrected her words making me realized something.

"Is that my nickname?", I asked her but she remained silent while enjoying her ice cream. "Cookies and cream, is it your favourite because it reminds you of me?", I could not help from asking her these questions even though she will not answer them.

Seeing her cheeks gotten red little by little was enough to tell me that there really were something between us before. I could feel it even though I did not remember a thing about us. Maybe it is better this way though, who would have known if I was bad to her before and that was why I could not remember anything about us.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung.", I blurted out when I was supposed to just said it quietly in my mind.

"What?", she asked as she looked up to me.

I smiled without feeling embarrassed for suddenly thanking her like that.

"Thank you for allowing me to take care of you.", I said those words honestly to her as I moved my hand towards her face. Then, I wiped the ice cream at the corner of her mouth as I could feel how stiff she got with my touch.

"Y..you...insisted to do that. No need to thank me." , she told me as she looked down to the ice cream again, her blushing cheeks made me feel giddy inside.

I moved myself to the sofa back sitting next to her as I continued watching her eating the ice cream. She looked like a kid getting her favourite sweets and did not bother about anything else. I hope I can see more of this happy Chaeyoung while I am taking care of her here.

❤❤❤

🍦Ice Cream is coming!!! Don't forget to stream, guys! Bye! 🍦

🤗🤗