I was assigned to dormitory F6 R8.

In other words I am in building F on floor 6 and in room 8.

Finding the dorm was quite easy, luckily there was an elevator, because I was not looking forward to carrying two suitcases and a carry on up 5 flights of stairs.

Once the doors open I haven't even taken two steps outside the door

Before I was met with a door flying open and a boy and girl fall onto the floor in noting but a towel both soaking wet.

They both stop laughing when they see me.

There is an awkward pause, no one knows what so say.

Finally after what felt like a eternity of cricket chirps, the girl in a towel stands up with a smile on her face.

"Hi I'm Tanya, are you one of our new dorm mates."

I take her out stretched hand and shake it.

"I'm Danielle, I'm one of the transfer students."

"Well it's really nice to meet you this is my boyfriend Jackson were both juniors studying art history."

By now the man I now know as Jackson has gotten up of the floor.

"welcome to dorm F4 Danielle if you ever need anything then come and find us okay."

With that both Tanya and Jackson hurriedly make there way back into the room.

With a quick chuckle to myself I am able to find my room.

Not much.

Just a bed, a desk with a chair and lamp,a closet, a few shelves, Duvet and pillows but no covers and a door that I'm pretty sure heads to the bathroom.

Though one of my two suitcases is filled with all my dorm room stuff such as covers, towels, decor. And I'm sure once I get it all unpacked it will look great.

SOMETIME LATER

Finally I'm done, it took nearly 2 hours but I'm unpacked. I changed the blue and white striped cover for grey duvet cover, plane white pillows for some black, and gold pillow covers, a black fluffy blanket on the bottom of my bed. Then on walls I put on some fairy lights, a black and white picture collage of all my friends and family back home, and on the shelves I put some old records, a few hats, some books and a few framed pictures of more friends.

Not much but it started to feel more like me.

Once I set up my laptop I went on my emails, a few from my friends, some from family, but one caught my eyes.

It was from the Australia zoo.

While I was out here I have to do a placement at a wildlife sanctuary and I choose Australia zoo it's one of the reason why I decided to accept the program, I mean I love animals but in Louisiana the only animals your will really see as a vet are cats, dogs, rabbits etc.

By the time I finish it's gone 5 and I'm just about to head down to the canteen for dinner when there is a knock at the door.

A now fully dressed Tanya walks through the door.

She looks stunning in a tight black dress, with tie high boots and jacket.

Her ginger hair has been curled and the smoky eyeshadow really enchanted her green eyes.

"Hey Dani you ready to go."

Where?

What?

Seeing my look of confusion.