Chapter 17: The Heartbreak

Ji Eun Tak's P.O.V.

We were having lunch at the dining hall at school. Ji Soo and Lee Bo Na were busy arguing about some shoe collection that a brand is launching next month. Choi Young Do and Yoo Chan Young were also busy talking as well but I didn't pay too much attention to what they were talking because I kept thinking about what Aunt Mi Na and I talked about. I keep finding the perfect moment to tell Kim Tan and its not like I can't, I just won't. I don't want to.

"Eun Tak, are you alright? You seem to be deep in thought." Ji Soo asked and sat beside me.

I gave her a small smile. "I'm fine, Ji Soo. Just tired from school.."

She leaned in and whispered, "Is this about Kim Tan?"

My eyes widened in shock at what she said. How did she know?? She grabbed my arm and lead me outside of the school towards the field where nobody would hear our conversation.

"I'm a bit disappointed, you told Choi Young Do first than your own best friend." She folded her arms.

"No! I didn't...he just knew...I was even planning to tell you first." I said.

She thought about it for a while, but suddenly she realized something and sighed. "I guess that's how much Choi Young Do really likes you, huh?"

I couldn't answer her back because I didn't know what to say. I still even have a hunch that Ji Soo might like him so I don't want her to feel uncomfortable with what I'm gonna say.

She gave me a sad smile and nudged me in the shoulder. "Hey! Enough about Choi Young Do! You have to tell me about what's going on between you and Kim Tan....so are you guys dating or something?'

She looked at me intently and when she saw me blushing because of what she said, she gasped. "I knew it!! So its true! Since when??? You have to tell me the details!! Come on!"

"Well, ever since your brother's wedding...and Ji Soo, I want to tell you something and want your opinion about this." I said.

I knew I had to talk to Ji Soo about this because she's one of those people whom I really trust. Ever since Aunt Mi Na and I talked, I kept on thinking and thinking and I think I'll go crazy if I don't voice out these thoughts soon.

Ji Soo agreed and lead us towards a bench and we both sat down.

"Kim Tan and I....yes, we're together but it's complicated." I started, "We all know that Kim Tan and Rachel has been engaged ever since and basically their partnership is so strong that their parents will do anything to keep it that way."

"Why? Did something happen?" Ji Soo asked.

"Kim Tan's parents begged Aunt Mi Na to let us break up so that the engagement will not be cancelled. Kim Tan already told them he doesn't want to do it anymore but they still won't allow it. If we break up, I would save Aunt Mi Na's life because her company and son is at stake here but if I don't, then I'd see her lose everything she ever loved because of me and I can't afford to even think that day would come. But the thing is....the decision is already obvious....but I don't want to let go of Kim Tan, it's too painful to do so."

"Wow...that's tough....If I were in your shoes, I'd be confused also.....but the thing is, in situations like this, you just have to follow what your gut tells you to do. Coincidentally, our gut feelings are always right. They also said that every time we make a decision, we know deep in our hearts who or what we'd choose, we're just in denial to admit the fact that we can't have both. Eun Tak, as a friend you know I will always support you no matter what your decision is, but before you totally give up the other, promise me you'd talk to them first and let them understand why you chose the other one instead of them. Sometimes, the ones not being chosen also deserves a clear explanation why they were not picked to clear their mind and heart."