Chapter 2: The New School

I walked as carefully as I can while the teacher leads me to my classroom. This was my first day of school and I have never felt so nervous all my life. I don't know what to expect from this school much less the kids here. All I know is that the students here are sons of chaebols and influential people combined.

We soon arrived at the classroom, and it was noisy at first but soon died down as we entered. I was facing down the whole time to avoid such eye contact.

"Alright settle down, class. Today I have an announcement, there will be a new student joining us for this school year." The teacher whom I think her name was Ms. Noh introduced.

I started to slowly look up and was about to have the courage that I needed to simply introduce myself until my eyes caught a familiar face. Where did I see him-Oh wait! At the party! The guy who I just tried to flirt on despite him having a fiancé-wait aren't we still in high school and they're already engage? Talk about commitment. What's even worst is the person sitting beside him was his fiancé. Way to start my senior year.....

"Eh hem..." Ms. Noh said giving me the signal to start introducing myself already.

"Umm...Hello, my name is Ji Eun Tak. I hope we will get along with each other." I said and bowed.

"Okay, you can sit at the empty chair at the back." Ms. Noh said.

I nodded and headed my way as quick as I can to my seat. While I sat down I can't help but look at that guy named Kim...Tan? And his fiancé Rachel. If you look at it, they do seem like a perfect couple, both good looking and rich. Rachel was listening to what Kim Tan is saying and then suddenly she notices something on the side of his hair and she quickly brushes it for him as if it was normal for her to do so. Kim Tan didn't even budge or had any significant reaction at all so it seems like he's used to it. Why do I suddenly feel jealous? Ew! Get a grip Ji Eun Tak! We are not here to focus on boys or dating! Focus!

"Beautiful couple, aren't they?" My seat mate who was rude of me to not introduce myself said.

"Yeah...how long have they been together? and nice to meet you, my name is Ji Eun Tak." I said.

"Ditto, my name is Ji Soo, Kang Ji Soo."

I smiled and nodded.

"Oh and to answer your question, I heard they were childhood friends back then. So nobody can actually beat their history. Actually nobody would dare separate them."  Ji Soo said

"Whys that?" I asked.

"That's the thing, we can do it but only if we're brave enough to have our businesses bankrupt and live a hell life forever."

"What do you mean?"

"Well for instance, Kim Tan's family owns this school."

"What?! Are you serious?!"

"Yes, His family owns Jeguk Group."

"Wait that's the name of our-"

"Yes so he's basically untouchable from anyone! Rachel is also an heiress of a famous clothing company called RS International! I heard they were engaged ever since they were kids and just made it official to the public 2 years ago."

My eyes widened at the lives of people whom I have to be at least acquainted with. Let me tell you, how they live lives is way too scary and too much in general for me to handle. I just pray and hope that I won't end up marrying someone from their group, that would just make things hard and complicated in my life. This year, I needed to focus therefore hopefully no distractions of some sort.

After 2 hours of classes, we were finally done and was now heading to eat. Ji Soo was kind enough to invite me for lunch. I wasn't expecting much about a canteen though but  when I entered the place where they ate their food, it was anything but a canteen. This looks like a restaurant or something! Are they for real?! Just how rich are people in this school?